Seeker Division is an engineering department designing a key complex weapon sub-system. It is a multi-national department with both UK and Italian offices.A seeker is a missile sub-unit that detects, acquires and tracks targets. Seeker Division has responsibility for the design of all missile sub-systems that involve radar frequency (RF) components including RF seekers, dual-mode seekers (RF and electro-optic), RF data links and RF fuzes.
What will you be doing?
- Use skills and knowledge developed at university in real world applications
- Working in different disciplines including electronics, modelling, integration, trials
- Designing, testing and producing complete sub-systems
- Working over the whole product lifecycle from concept through design and development to production and in-service support
- Working closely with other functions in MBDA
- Working in well equipped laboratories and learning new tools throughout your placements
- Working with a world class team
- Complete real work from day one
- Relevant and targeted training covering a wide range of topics
MBDA is a global leader in the design and manufacture of missiles and missile systems; competing at the forefront of the defence industry.
MBDA is a multi-national company, with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities spanning France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States. With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and prime complex weapon contractor to the UK MOD. With this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge and exploiting new markets and applications for our world-class technology base.
Qualifications and experience requirements
Be working towards a 2:2 in any relevant applied physics, electronics, engineering or mathematics degree. Graduates will be supported in working towards Chartership (CPhys, CEng, CMath) if you wish on our IOP, IMA, IET, IMechE and RAeS accredited graduate training scheme.
Accepted degree subjects
physics · engineering, electronic and electrical · mathematics · engineering, aerospace · engineering management · engineering, mechanical
Flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Closing date: 31/01/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/01/2017