Seeker Division is an engineering department designing a key complex weapon sub-system. It is a multi-national department with both UK and Italian offices.
A seeker is the radar unit located at the front of a missile that detects, acquires and tracks targets. Seeker Division is responsible for the design, development, integration and production of all radar frequency (RF) seekers including dual-mode seekers (RF and electro-optic).
What will you be doing?
- Use skills and knowledge developed at university in real world applications.
- Working in different disciplines including: system modelling, algorithm development, requirements and specifications, hardware and software integration, electronics, RF/electromagnetic simulation, and trials.
- Designing, testing and producing complete sub-systems.
- Working over the whole product lifecycle from concept, design, research and development, through to production and in-service support.
- Working closely with other functions in MBDA.
- Working in well-equipped laboratories and learning new tools throughout your placements.
- Working with a world class team.
- Real work and individual responsibility from day one.
- Relevant and targeted training covering a wide range of topics.
What are the benefits for you?
As a graduate or undergraduate engineer you will have the unique chance to build on your knowledge from university and gain experience in a wide range of areas.
Graduates will be supported in working towards Chartership (CPhys, CEng, CMath) if you wish on our IOP, IMA, IET, IMechE and RAeS accredited graduate training scheme.
Feedback from some recent graduate placements:
“I carried out a system level design study to create and optimise a digital control loop for a noise cancellation system” (George)
“I designed various algorithms that will be used in the seeker using model-based techniques” (Simon)
“I have performed large campaign model studies for milestone deliverables to our customer” (Phil)
“I conducted software testing for a firing campaign which involved simulating engagements in the Compact Range and working with the software team to determine and fix any bugs” (George)
“I designed, tested and integrated a sub-unit, following the integration through to seeker system tests” (Ricky)
“It was physically demanding flying with ex-fast jet test pilots whilst on seeker data gathering trials but collaborating with them and the rest of the team to deliver the trial was fantastic” (Ross)
“I have met several times with our Italian colleagues at MBDA Rome to discuss and observe key Seeker Qualification activities such as Environmental Testing and Hardware In the Loop Analysis” (Jack)
“I took part in customer engagement events and had the opportunity to meet air force chiefs from around the world” (Phil)
What would you get?
Competitive joining bonus and salaries, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Why you should come and work at MBDA?
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime Superiority, Air Dominance, Ground Based Air Defence and Battlefield Engagement
- We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
- Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- MBDA is ranked 12th in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
- We expect you to demonstrate initiative and enthusiasm and in return you will be challenged to develop ideas and deliver solutions to contribute to the success of projects.
- Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Hold or be working towards a 2:2 in any relevant applied physics, electronics, engineering or mathematics degree.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: 30/11/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 30/11/2017