What’s the opportunity?
A seeker is the radar unit located at the front of a missile that detects, acquires and tracks targets; it is a key complex weapon sub-system. We are responsible for the design, development, integration and production of all radar frequency (RF) seekers including dual-mode seekers (RF and electro-optic).
What will you be doing?
- Gain an understanding of the whole product lifecycle from research and development, concept and design, through to production and in-service support.
- Work in well-equipped laboratories and learn new tools throughout your placements.
- Relevant on-the-job and formal training covering a wide range of topics
- Learn about and develop skills in the following areas and apply them to real world applications:
- System simulation and modelling
- Algorithm development
- Design and test of electronic and RF circuits
- Hardware and software integration
- Signal processing and data analysis
- Performance analysis, requirements and specifications
- Electromagnetic simulation
- Experimental lab testing and field trials
- Image processing and ray tracing.
What are the benefits for you?
You will be able to build on your knowledge from university and gain experience in a wide range of areas. Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, with colleagues from all sectors of the STEM industry. Towards the end of the scheme you will have the option to choose your career path; a high level systems engineer or various highly specialised roles within the seekers team.
You will also have the opportunity to work towards Professional Chartership with either to IOP, IMA, IET, IMechE or RAeS and we will also pay 100% of the fees whilst you on the Graduate scheme.
“One of the benefits of joining Seekers is that it is allowing me to try out areas of engineering which I’ve never had the opportunity to experience before. This gives me the freedom to choose the direction that I want to take my career in” Chris, Seekers Graduate
What would you get?
- Starting Salary of £26,500 with two pay reviews per year during the first two years,
- Joining bonus of £2000 if you have a Bachelors or £2500 if you have a Masters,
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Flexible working hours
- Fantastic site facilities
- Paid overtime
- 25 days paid holiday
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Employee funded voluntary private healthcare
- Sporting activities
What we are looking for
Degree qualified by September 2020 in electronics, engineering or mathematics or a related subject to a minimum 2:2
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment