What’s the opportunity?
A seeker is the radar unit located at the front of a missile that detects, acquires and tracks targets; it is a key complex weapon sub-system.We are responsible for the design, development, integration and production of all radar frequency (RF) seekers including dual-mode seekers (RF and electro-optic).
What will you be doing?
- We support a range of skills from physics to engineering and mathematics. As a result we are looking for individuals who have skills in any of the following areas and can apply them to real world applications:
- System simulation and modelling, algorithm development, design and test of electronic and RF circuits, hardware and software integration, signal processing and data analysis, performance analysis, requirements and specifications, electromagnetic simulation, experimental lab testing and field trials, image processing and ray tracing.
- Gain an understanding ofthe whole product lifecycle from research and development, concept and design, through to production and in-service support.
- Work in well-equipped laboratories and learn new tools throughout your placements.
- Relevant on-the-job and formal training covering a wide range of topics.
One of the benefits of joining Seekers is that it is allowing me to try out areas of engineering which I’ve never had the opportunity to experience before. This gives me the freedom to choose the direction that I want to take my career in” Chris, Seekers Graduate
What’s great about joining this team?
You will have the unique chance to build on your knowledge from university and gain experience in a wide range of areas.Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, with colleagues from all sectors of the STEM industry, you will have the option to develop your career into anything from a high level systems engineer to various highly specialised roles within the seekers team.
If you wish to work towards Chartership (CPhys, CEng, CMath) you will be supported by experienced team members. We will also pay 100% of the fees whilst a Graduate to IOP, IMA, IET, IMechE or RAeS.
What you would get
Two pay reviews per year during the first two years,joining bonus of £2,000 if you have a bachelors or £2,500 if you have a masters. Flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, annual company bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
What we are looking for
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Have completed a degree in any relevant applied physics, electronics, engineering or mathematics degree to a minimum of 2:2.
Accepted degree subjects
- electronic and electrical engineering
Additional job details
How to apply
This position is for those who will have graduated by 2019 only. We will review applications late August,with a start date expected in Nov/Dec 2019. If you are graduating in 2020 please search for 2020roles from September.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 September 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment