What’s the opportunity?
A seeker is the radar unit located at the front of a missile that detects, acquires and tracks targets; it is a key complex weapon sub-system. We are responsible for the design, development, integration and production of all radar frequency (RF) seekers including dual-mode seekers (RF and electro-optic).
What will you be doing?
- Gain an understanding of the whole product lifecycle from research and development, concept and design, through to production and in-service support.
Learn about some of the following areas:
- System simulation and modelling
- Algorithm development
- Design and test of electronic and RF circuits
- Hardware and software integration
- Signal processing and data analysis
- Performance analysis, requirements and specifications
- Electromagnetic simulation
- Experimental lab testing and field trials
- Image processing and ray tracing.
What are the benefits for you?
You will be able to working as part of a multidisciplinary team, with colleagues from all sectors of the STEM industry. Work in well-equipped laboratories and learn new tools throughout your placements. Many of our Summer placements following this placement are offered roles on our Graduate schemes or a Summer placement the following year.
“One of the benefits of joining Seekers is that it is allowing me to try out areas of engineering which I’ve never had the opportunity to experience before. This gives me the freedom to choose the direction that I want to take my career in” Chris, Seekers Graduate
What would you get?
- £16,000, £17,00 or £18,000 salary dependant on year of study, pro-rated for 10-12 week placement
- Flexible working
- Paid overtime
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Sporting activities
- Fantastic site facilities
- On the job learning and development opportunities.
What we are looking for
Currently studying towards a degree in electronics, engineering or mathematics or a related subject to a minimum 2:2
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
dependant on year of study, pro-rated for 10-12 week placement
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment