What’s the opportunity?
We have opportunities available to join the Electro-Optics (EO) Seekers & Sensors team in Bristol for a 10, 11 or 12 week summer placement.The EO Seekers & Sensors Group provides expertise on infrared (IR), optical and laser-based sensors.
You will gain an in-depth knowledge of the sensors and how they interact with other subsystems to form part of the wider missile system.What will you be doing?
Within EO Sensors we can offer you a broad range of opportunities:
- The design and build of optical prototypes and the corresponding testing and evaluation
- Research and Development of novel EO techniques and solutions
- Modelling and simulation of the environment, target and sensor
- Performance evaluation and subsystem specification
- Support to all MBDA UK systems that incorporate EO technology
What are the benefits for you?
- Opportunity to apply university learning to real projects and to impact their direction
- Varied and challenging work load
What’s great about joining this team?
- You will be working with experienced technologists offering you support and guidance
- You will get to see projects at different phases of the product lifecycle
- Interaction with other groups across the wider technical directorate as well as external customers/suppliers
- Opportunities to support lab and field trials
- The work is technically challenging, innovative and rewarding. The variety of work offered within the department also presents an excellent opportunity for personal development.
- The department consists of a team of highly skilled and versatile engineers/physicists with a broad mixture of technical expertise and experience. Everyone in the team is friendly, approachable and willing to help whenever necessary
What would you get?
£16,000 - £18,000 salary, dependent on year of study, flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, a share of the annual Company Bonus and superb learning and development opportunities.
What we are looking for
- Good presentation and communication skills
- A passion for applying your university learning to real-world engineering and technology projects
Please note thatin order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
You will be working towards a 2:1 in any relevant engineering, electronics or applied physics degree
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31/12/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
£16,000 - £18,000