An opportunity has arisen for a undergraduate engineer to become a key member of a dynamic team in the Simulation and Modelling Function.
You will play a role in the definition, development and maintenance of complex mathematical models. These models will be used for performance modelling to evaluate the overall guided weapon system performance and effectiveness, for both national and international projects.
What will you be doing?
You will be a valuable member of the team who will make immediate contributions to the departments’ success.
You will be:
- Contributing to the specification, development, test and delivery of large dynamic system models.
- Responsible for development of specific aspects of the performance model used to support key programmes within MBDA.
- Performing technical analyses and investigations into a range of issues and problems and developing solutions either individually or as a member of a project team.
- Using models to support the system development process, assisting in the conduct of trade-off studies and predicting system performance for the customer
- Validating models against trials results
- Developing and supporting a variety of software tools
- Learning about software configuration and control processes
- Influencing the design procedures and practices for models developed by the Function
MBDA is a global leader in the design and manufacture of missiles and missile systems; competing at the forefront of the defence industry.
MBDA is a multi-national company, with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities spanning France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States. With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and prime complex weapon contractor to the UK MOD. With this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge and exploiting new markets and applications for our world-class technology base.
- Knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink is advantageous, as well as experience with a high level programming language such as C or FORTRAN.
- Have the ability to visualize and analyse complex systems
- Have good verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Be a self-motivated individual who enjoys complex challenges.
Qualifications and experience requirements
Working towardsa degree inone of the following subjects:Systems/Aerospace Engineering/Aeronautical Engineering/Aerosystems Engineering/Control Systems Engineering/Mathematics/Physics.
Accepted degree subjects
physics · engineering, electronic and electrical · mathematics · engineering, transport · engineering, aerospace · engineering management · engineering, mechanical
Flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level)
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Full-time
How to apply
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Closing date: 31/01/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/01/2017