What’s the opportunity?
By joining the Software Engineering team you will be directly involved with a diverse range of projects. You will gain exposure to numerous programming languages, software tools and software lifecycle methodologies, ensuring your time in the team is an engaging, challenging and unique experience.
What will you be doing?
You will start to develop the skills necessary to become a well-rounded software engineer, through a combination of technical training, challenging project work and career support.
You will work closely with other teams in a variety of development stages within our weapons systems, including both embedded and front end software development on a range of platforms, such as Windows and Linux, utilising C, C++, Ada and/or Java. You will also be ensuring the functional and technical robustness of project deliverables, and be responsible for the creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
Non-technical responsibilities include working closely with other parts of the company, making sound business decisions, learning a general overview of the business, and keeping team members and managers up to date with your progress on a project and personal development level. You will also have the opportunity to organise and support business level activities such as forums, talks and presentations, competitions and charity events.
What are the benefits for you?
- Exposure to all aspects of a software development lifecycle
- Formal and on the job training provided for learning new programming languages and software tools
- Fantastic opportunities to bring your technical knowledge to schools and inspire the next generation of engineers through the STEM programme (for example - building a functioning robot with a school team for a competition) and work experience visits
- A chance to collaborate with others in the annual Software Engineering Challenge – form a team to solve a demanding and engaging software problem!
- Opportunities to travel – in particular, we work closely with our colleagues in France and Italy
- The opportunity to work with MBDA for your final year project if applicable
What’s great about joining this team?
- A breadth of experience and support available in the departments, which includes a Buddy system to welcome you into MBDA, and regular informal meetings with other early careers members in software engineering.
- You will be working in an assistive and collaborative open plan working environment and systems laboratories, aimed at aiding your learning and development
What would you get?
£18,000 salary, flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, a share of the annual Company Bonus and superb learning and development opportunities.
What we are looking for
- A proactive attitude and be comfortable taking the initiative
- A willingness to learn and apply newly gained knowledge quickly
- To be capable of working as part of a team and individually
- Being adaptable to changing requirements
Please note thatin order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
To be expecting to obtain at least a 2:2 in a computer science or other science or engineering based degree, such as software engineering, electrical/electronic engineering, physics or maths
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 08/09/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details