A summer placement inside the Software Engineering and Technologies (SET) function provides an excellent platform to gain experience working on a real software project in a professional environment, and to learn from experienced engineers throughout the placement. This role will enhance your knowledge and experience for any remaining years of study, and is a great way to open up new opportunities for your future career.
What will you be doing?
You will be working on an existing project, within the Software departments, gaining development experience with C, C++, Java or Ada, on either application or embedded software.
You will also be ensuring the functional and technical robustness of project deliverables, and be responsible for the creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
Non-technical responsibilities include interfacing with other functions, making sound business decisions, learning a general overview of the business, and keeping team members and managers up to date with your progress on a project and personal development level.
What are the benefits for you?
- Exposure to all aspects of a software development lifecycle
- Training provided for learning new programming languages and software tools
- Opportunities to travel – in particular, we work closely with our French and Italian colleagues
- Opportunities for personal development throughout the placement
What’s great about joining this team?
- There is a breadth of experience and support available in the departments, which includes a buddy system to welcome you into MBDA, and regular informal meetings with other summer placements and Early Careers Programme (ECP) members in SET
- You will be working in an assistive and collaborative open plan working environment and systems laboratories, aimed at aiding your learning and development
What would you get?
Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities and superb learning and development opportunities.
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime superiority, air dominance, ground based air defence and battlefield engagement
- We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
- Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- MBDA is ranked 12 in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
- A proactive attitude and be comfortable taking the initiative
- A willingness to learn and apply newly gained knowledge quickly
- To be capable of working as part of a team and individually
- Being adaptable to changing requirements
- Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- To be expecting to obtain at least a 2:2 in a computer science or other science or engineering based degree, such as software rngineering, rlectrical/rlectronic rngineering, Physics or Maths
Accepted degree subjects
mathematics · computer sciences and IT
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 01/10/2018