This Graduate role is for a position in the System Design and Validation Department where you will support a Systems Engineering team working on one of the numerous projects at MBDA. The Systems Engineering department is responsible for ensuring new weapon systems are designed to meet the customers’ needs by providing a structured approach to solving complex technical challenges. It focuses on defining customer needs, creating new weapon system concepts, and refining design definitions to provide understanding on ever more complex design challenges.
What will you be doing?
As a graduate engineer within Systems Design you will quickly gain a broad understanding of the most advanced missile systems, across all three operating environments; land, sea and air. You will have opportunities to work on different projects at various points within the Engineering lifecycle from concept to conclusion. As a graduate engineer your responsibilities will range across the following:
- Understanding the whole system. This will involve working across a wide group of different engineering teams internally, as well as with external stakeholders such as subcontractors, customers and/or joint partners.
- Taking early responsibility and ownership of significant work packages (such as requirement specifications or change control procedures) and the chance to get involved in key design decisions.
- Influencing and conducting development of future technologies and technology demonstrator programmes
- Creating design definitions for missile systems and the technologies that they contain
- Testing equipment and hardware design, development and operation
- Conducting trials analysis including collation, interpretation and presentation of data into meaningful results
- Using software to perform Using software to contribute to Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) performed by systems teams
MBDA is a global leader in the design and manufacture of missiles and missile systems; competing at the forefront of the defence industry.
MBDA is a multi-national company, with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities spanning France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States. With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and prime complex weapon contractor to the UK MOD. With this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge and exploiting new markets and applications for our world-class technology base.
- An eye for detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proactive in finding, collecting information and thinking about further steps
- Able to demonstrate experience of working in teams and taking on responsibility.
- Good communicators and able to demonstrate skills in presenting and technical report writing.
- Capable of quickly understanding complex problems
- Able to derive logical solutions to inform design decisions
Qualifications and experience requirements
Academic Background: Qualified to Bachelors (minimum 2:2 honours degree or equivalent) or Masters level degree in Aeronautical, Aerospace, Electrical or Systems Engineering, Maths, Physics, or similar. Applicants with relevant post-graduate qualifications are also encouraged.
Accepted degree subjects
physics · engineering, electronic and electrical · mathematics · chemical engineering · engineering, transport · engineering, aerospace · engineering management · engineering, mechanical
flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Closing date: 31/01/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/01/2017