Graduates in this role are essential for the success of each of the projects we deliver. By joining the Systems Design and Validation (SD&V) function you will be joining a team that works meticulously to ensure that all system and sub system requirements are written according to requirements and then work with the rest of the functions of the business to ensure delivery to specification. Because of this integral involvement graduates could be involved in projects at all stages of the product lifecycle.
This role would be ideally suited to those with an eye for detail, a passion for problem solving and in interest in working with multiple teams, both internal and external to MBDA. Key day to day responsibilities in this role include:
- Writing system and sub-system level specifications
- Developing and managing requirements
- Validation, verification and certification
- Integrating hardware and software
- Platform integration (airframes, vehicles, ships)
- Simulating weapon system performance and analysing missile trials data.
Systems engineer graduates will join the Early Careers Programme (ECP) which is a structured, two year development programme designed to support budding engineers to make the leap from academia into business. Within the systems design and validation function you will have four rotations across the two years and one of these can be external to SDV.
MBDA Systems engineer graduates will experience the following:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of each element of a missile weapon system from the warhead to the seeker.
- Work alongside and learn from experts with varied skills and backgrounds
- Work with external stakeholders, subcontractors, government customers and industry consortium partners
- Work within teams responsible for coordinating and completing multi-million pound weapons installations.
- Take responsibility to deliver programme critical items of work and guide programme level design decisions
You will have access to the full breadth of training courses and facilities that MBDA offers. For the SD&V function some relevant courses you may take part in include DOORS Training, MBSE Training and Writing Requirements.
You will also benefit from training and support provided by experienced engineers within the department and project teams.
MBDA support continual professional development such as engineering Chartership through multiple accrediting organisations.
What you would get
Starting salary of £26,250 with two pay reviews per year during the first two years,joining bonus of £2,000 if you have a Bachelors or £2,500 if you have a Masters. Flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, annual company bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
What we are looking for
- We are looking for someone who has initiative and drive, has strong attention to detail and problem solving skills. Proactive in finding and collecting information and thinking about further steps. Capable of understanding complex problems.
- Hold, or be working towards a minimum 2:2 honours degree (or equivalent qualification) or masters level degree in aeronautical, aerospace, electrical or systems engineering, maths, physics, or similar. Applicants with relevant post-graduate qualifications are also encouraged.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective communicators; able to demonstrate skills in presenting and technical report writing.
- Have an interest in the defence industry.
- Ability to demonstrate experience of working in teams and taking on responsibility.
- Able to derive logical solutions to inform design decisions.
Hold, or be working towards a minimum 2:2 honours degree (or equivalent qualification) in aeronautical, aerospace, electrical or systems engineering, maths, physics, or similar, applicants with relevant postgraduate qualifications are also encouraged
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 28/02/2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details