Opportunities exist on our Graduate scheme within the Test Systems function. We provide test capabilities and solutions throughout the product life cycle; from early prototype development testing, through to factory production testing and in-service product support; field test sets deployed into rugged and harsh environments.
What will you be doing?
Graduates will develop an extensive knowledge and gain hands on experience across both test equipment hardware and software domains opportunities are based across the follow disciplines.
- Analogue and digital circuit design and circuit test techniques
- Circuit debugging
- System architecture for test systems
- Automated instrumentation and control technologies
- The manufacturing process
With the potential to explore and develop additional skills in:
- Software development using a structured programming language
- Management and leadership development opportunities
- Systems engineering of test solutions.
What are the benefits for you?
These roles provide fantastic opportunities to develop and broaden technically within a growing company and within multi-skilled teams. It also offers exposure to complex and technologically advanced projects and products provides a stimulating experience.
The Graduate scheme at MBDA helps to kick-start your career development by using a series of six month placements to explore different projects and areas of the department. Widening your experience and ensuring that you work with a larger number of highly experienced and motivated engineers. The Graduate scheme provides a strong network of support; and provides a friendly and helpful environment in which to learn, develop and succeed.
This support extends past the graduate scheme and helps you to develop your career progression for either the technical or management routes. There are opportunities for suitable graduates to move on to leading small teams of engineers once they have completed the graduate scheme.
On the Graduate scheme there is also the opportunity for travel; with a French Exchange programme for a few days to the Paris site, as well as a three to six month secondment working in the Test Equipment Centre of Excellence which is based in France.
What’s great about joining this team?
Test Systems are involved in every phase of the product life cycle; with every product, system or subsystem in all of the missile families. This provides our graduates with an extremely broad range of opportunities to work on the latest technologies used in complex weapons.
The graduate scheme allows our graduates to develop both on a technical and a personal level; with regular review meetings to ensure that they are on track to succeed in achieving their objectives.
Collaborative working with other functions of MBDA will also provide wide knowledge of the company and its operations which will be invaluable when considering future career aspirations.
What would you get?
Competitive joining bonus and salaries, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.#
Both the undergraduate and graduate schemes within electronic engineering are accredited with the IET. Graduates are expected, and supported, to work towards C. Eng registration. I. Eng registration can also be supported where appropriate. Undergraduates are expected to work towards their Eng. Tech registration.
Why you should come and work at MBDA?
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime Superiority, Air Dominance, Ground Based Air Defence and Battlefield Engagement
- We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
- Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- MBDA is ranked 12th in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
- Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Graduates will be qualified to degree level or above (minimum 2:2 honours degree or equivalent) in electronic engineering, general engineering (with electronics) or related subjects. A practical knowledge of software development would be beneficial, but not essential.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: 31/01/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/01/2018