To work across a variety of projects and engineering disciplines throughout Weapon System Architecture and Equipment Department (WSAE) as part of a large, international group. This is a one-year structured undergraduate programme.
What will you be doing?
Weapon System Architecture and Equipment (WSAE) is a growing, multi-national group that provides a variety of different engineering and specialist skills across a number of projects within MBDA. As the complexity of the battlefield increases, so too do our customers’ capability needs. Consequently, the WSAE group has evolved to provide the necessary expertise across a large range of weapon system aspects, much wider than just the missile itself. These are examples of the capabilities WSAE develop and provide our customers:
- Communication systems with in-flight missiles and between platforms and operators
- Ability to plan, model and adapt missile routes, both pre-flight and during flight, to optimise the effectiveness of the weapon
- Innovative physical and functional/logic-based architectures, which enable modularity and reuse between systems and projects
- Sophisticated engagement chains and data management software, to support the delivery of missile systems
- Optimised integration of human operations and interaction in to product design
- Ability to rehearse, test and train in the use of our systems
We provide systems engineering to each of the stages of the product development life-cycle ranging from understanding the required system behaviours from a variety of viewpoints, system design and specification, through to integration, test, and analysis of achieved system performance.
What’s great about joining this team?
- A Weapon System is much more than just a missile – WSAE provides world class products and solutions to deliver complex systems and all-round capabilities to our customers. With such a diverse range of skills, expertise and domains, WSAE offers those on the ECP scheme the ability to get a great overview of what makes a Weapon System
- A breadth of experience and support available in the department which include a buddy system to welcome you into MBDA, access to the mentoring scheme and regular informal meetings with other ECP members in WSAE
- You will be working in an assistive and collaborative open plan working environment and systems laboratories, aimed at aiding your learning and development
What would you get?
Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime superiority, air dominance, ground based air defence and battlefield engagement
- We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
- Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- MBDA is ranked 12 in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
Qualifications and experience requirements
You must be working towards a minimum of a 2:2 degree classification to be eligible for this role.
WSAE are looking to employ and develop a diverse group of young ‘Weapon System’ engineers in order to enable the group to support its customer needs both now and in the future. Due to the varied nature of engineering we cover, WSAE would welcome a well performing applicant from any applicable field (such as engineering, physics, mathematics, computer science…).
More importantly, we are interested in what skills, qualities and potential you have:
- Could you abstract away from the finer details and see the bigger picture?
- Could you gain a breadth of understanding of complex systems and apply your knowledge to various subjects/other engineering domains?
- Could you adapt to switch between customer-focused and technical-focused activities?
- Do you have other interests/experience that you could apply?
- What sets you apart from your peers?
Accepted degree subjects
physics · mathematics · aerospace engineering · computer sciences and IT · psychology
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK security clearance.
Job Ref No: GUGU151.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 30/11/2017