Two year structured Graduate programme in Weapon System Architecture and Equipment Department with the opportunity of exploring a 6 month external placement within another department either internal or external to MBDA.You must be working towards a minimum of a 2:2 degree classification to be eligible for this role.
What will you be doing?
Weapon System Architecture & Equipment (WSAE) is a growing, multi-national group that provides a variety of different engineering and specialist skills across a number of projects within MBDA. As the complexity of the battlefield increases, so too do our customers’ capability needs. As a result, the WSAE group has evolved to providethe necessary expertise across a large range of weapon system aspects, much wider than just the missile itself. These are examples of the capabilities WSAE develop and provide our customers:
- Communication systems with in-flight missiles and between platforms and operators
- Ability to plan, model and adapt missile routes, both pre-flight and during flight, to optimise the effectiveness of the weapon
- Innovative physical and functional/logic-based architectures, which enable modularity and reuse between systems and projects
- Sophisticated engagement chains and data management software, to support the delivery of missile systems
- Optimised integration of human operations and interaction in to product design
- Ability to rehearse, test and train in the use of our systems
MBDA is a global leader in the design and manufacture of missiles and missile systems; competing at the forefront of the defence industry.
MBDA is a multi-national company, with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities spanning France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States. With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and prime complex weapon contractor to the UK MOD. With this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge and exploiting new markets and applications for our world-class technology base.
WSAE are looking to employ and develop a diverse group of young ‘Weapon System’ engineers in order to enable the group to support its customer needs both now and in the future.
- Could you abstract away from the finer details and see the bigger picture?
- Could you gain a breadth of understanding of complex systems and apply your knowledge to various subjects/other engineering domains?
- Could you adapt to switch between customer-focused and technical-focused activities?
- Do you have other interests/experience that you could apply?
- What sets you apart from your peers?
Qualifications and experience requirements
Due to the varied nature of engineering we cover, WSAE would welcome a well performing applicant from any applicable field (e.g. engineering, physics, mathematics, computer science…)
Accepted degree subjects
physics · engineering, electronic and electrical · mathematics · engineering, transport · computer sciences and IT · engineering, aerospace · engineering management · engineering, mechanical
flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), sporting activities, fantastic site facilities and superb learning and development opportunities.
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Closing date: 31/01/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/01/2017