Enthusiastic Undergraduate Software Engineers are required to join our expert team, to take part in the development and implementation of simulation software and man-in-the-loop experiments to support some of the world’s most advanced future defence systems.
What will you be doing?
As part of our team, you’ll be actively involved in designing and developing leading-edge software applications used to support battlefield simulations; working in close collaboration with subject matter experts from across land, sea and air defence programmes. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with customer representatives and military personnel in order to both extend and demonstrate our current and future capabilities.
Whilst the majority of your work will be based in Bristol, you may also have the prospect of travelling to other locations
What are the benefits for you?
- Exposure to all aspects of a software development lifecycle
- On the job training provided for learning new programming languages and software tools
- Fantastic opportunities to bring your technical knowledge to schools and inspire the next generation of engineers through the STEM programme, for example, building a functioning robot with a school team for a competition.
- A great working environment with a supportive team
- Potential opportunities to travel
What’s great about joining this team?
There is a breadth of experience and support available in the department, which includes a buddy system to welcome you into MBDA and access to the mentoring scheme. You will be working alongside industry experts delivering key projects across the whole of the MBDA development lifecycle.
This team has a wide variety of work, which gives you an opportunity to develop in different areas, and shape the placement based on your interests.
What would you get?
Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
12 month placement.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime superiority, air dominance, ground based air defence and battlefield engagement
- We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
- Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- MBDA is ranked 12 in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
Qualifications and experience requirements
Be working towards a minimum 2:2 honours degree or above (or equivalent qualification) in an engineering discipline such as computer science, software engineering or mathematics
Ideally you will have experience of:
- Software engineering
- System engineering
- Modern programming languages (C++, C#, Java)
- Development environments (Visual Studio, Eclipse)
- Networking and networking protocols
Knowledge and experience of the following would be advantageous:
- Visualisation programming (DirectX, OpenGL, Graphics/Games Engines)
- Distributed simulation standards/protocols (DIS, HLA)
Accepted degree subjects
mathematics · computer sciences and IT
How to apply
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK security clearance.
Job Ref No: GU149.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 30/11/2017