What’s the opportunity?
Enthusiastic Undergraduate Software Engineers are required to join our expert team, to take part in the development and implementation of simulation software and man-in-the-loop experiments to support some of the world’s most advanced future defence systems.
What will you be doing?
As part of our team, you’ll be actively involved in designing and developing leading-edge software applications used to support battlefield simulations; working in close collaboration with subject matter experts from across Land, Sea and Air defence programmes. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with customer representatives and military personnel in order to both extend and demonstrate
You may also have the prospect of travelling to other locations within the UK, Europe and Worldwide.
What are the benefits for you?
- Exposure to all aspects of a software development lifecycle
- Formal and on the job training provided for learning new programming languages and software tools
- Fantastic opportunities to bring your technical knowledge to schools and inspire the next generation of engineers through the STEM programme, for example building a glider with a school team for a competition
- A great working environment with a supportive team
- Opportunities to travel, for example, to our departments in France, Italy and Germany for collaborative projects.
What’s great about joining this team?
There is a breadth of experience and support available in the department, which includes a buddy system to welcome you into MBDA and access to the mentoring scheme. You will be working alongside industry experts delivering key projects across the whole of the MBDA development lifecycle. This team has a wide variety of work, which gives you an opportunity to develop in different areas, and shape the placement based on your interests.
What would you get?
£18,000 salary, flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, a share of the annual Company Bonus and superb learning and development opportunities.
What we are looking for
Ideally you will have experience of:
- Software Engineering
- System Engineering
- Modern Programming Languages (C++, C#, Java)
- Development Environments (Visual Studio, Eclipse)
- Networking and Networking Protocols
- Knowledge and experience of the following would be advantageous:
- Visualisation Programming (DirectX, OpenGL, Graphics/Games Engines)
- Distributed Simulation Standards/Protocols (DIS, HLA)
Please note thatin order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Working towards a minimum 2:2 honours degree or above (or equivalent qualification) in an engineering discipline such as computer science, software engineering or mathematics.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31/12/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details