The Weapon Systems Simulation & Experimentation team designs and develops leading-edge software applications used to support battlefield simulations; working in close collaboration with subject matter experts from across Land, Sea and Air defence programmes.
What will you be doing?
- You will be learning about the development and implementation of simulation software and man-in-the-loop experiments to support some of the world’s most advanced future defence systems.
- Work alongside highly experienced engineers and learn about MBDA development lifecycle.
- Work directly with customer representatives and military personnel in order to both extend and demonstrate our current and future capabilities.
What are the benefits for you?
- Exposure to some aspects of a software development lifecycle
- On the job training provided for learning new programming languages and software tools
- This team has a wide variety of work, allowing you to develop in different areas, and shape the placement based on your interests
What’s great about joining this team?
- A great working environment with a supportive team.
- Work alongside industry experts.
What we are looking for
Experience of some of the following:
- Software engineering
- System engineering
- Object-orientated programming in C-like languages (C++, C#, Java)
- Development environments ( Visual Studio, Eclipse)
- Networking and networking protocols
Currently studying towards a degree in an engineering discipline such as computer sccience, software engineering or mathematics or a related subject to a minimum 2:2
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
dependant on year of study, pro-rated for 10-12 week placement
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment