We are looking for an enthusiastic undergraduate, who is keen to develop their skills within the potato industry. You will be working alongside the Potato Supply, Regional Agriculture and Agronomy teams on projects and initiatives to drive efficiency throughout the business and maintain potato supply to all manufacturing sites. During your time with us you will be involved in:
- Leading and managing events to enable knowledge transfer, celebrate success and to build our grower base.
- Interactions with the Regional Agriculture team and our growers on farms and providing support as and when required.
- Building proactive relationship both internally and externally
- Providing proactive solutions to potato related operational issues to ensure continued manufacturing and minimising any disruption
- Pulling together presentations and documentation to demonstrate outcomes.
- Quickly identifying risks and devising timely solutions to keep the flow of potatoes from field to factory running smoothly.
In GB we have five McCain factories, and whilst this placement will be based at our Scarborough site, the successful applicant will have opportunities to visit our other locations to broaden their understanding of our entire network.
As well as being supported by your local line manager, you will also have the support of a mentor and a buddy to help you to settle in and make the most of your experience with us.
If you have a successful placement with us, then we offer generous sponsorship for your final year at University, and the potential to return to us as a Graduate on completion of your degree.
What we are looking for
- Proficient PC skills especially Excel
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Creative and innovative mind-set
- Analytical and numerate
- University placement student between their second and final year
- Studying agriculture or similar
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
plus private healthcare, flexible working, generous pension scheme, 25 days paid holiday
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 March 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 March 2021