We are looking for an enthusiastic undergraduate, who is keen to develop their marketing skills within the food manufacturing industry.
During this nine-month placement, your main responsibility would be to provide support to the Product Manager in achieving the key marketing priorities to deliver volume and profit budget for retail potato products. You will learn and develop core marketing skills and be exposed to research and insight development, EPD, media planning, above the line/below the line (ABL/BTL) marketing communication, packaging and in-store promotions. You will be liaising with all other functions across our business and external agencies, so strong interpersonal skills are a must.
Your Year in Industry at McCain shall be designed to give you a broad exposure to marketing and the wider McCain business. As an intern, you shall work with your placement contact to undertake development opportunities in the Marketing remit, that support your technical understanding of the field and allow for personal growth too. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Project Manager with the development and delivery of specific product media plans and creative executions to ensure fully integrated communications plans. Ensure all product communications are integrated within brand campaign message.
- Developing a clear understanding of brand and product performance including financials, consumer behaviour, brand health, as well as delivering insightful analysis and evaluation of all communications activity.
- Supporting the Project Manager with the development of future strategies through brand planning for delivering growth across products of responsibility.
- Responsible for keeping internal teams, in particular marketing and sales, aligned and up to date with all planned promotional activity
- Responsible for tracking competitor activity including in-store activity and ATL/BTL communications.
- Assisting the marketing team with tasks and projects.
What we are looking for
- Proficient PC skills especially Excel
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Creative and innovative mind-set
- Analytical and numerate
- University placement student between their second and final year
- Studying marketing or similar
Accepted degree subjects
- business and management studies
- marketing and advertising studies
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
plus private healthcare, flexible working, generous pension scheme, 25 days paid holiday
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 March 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 March 2021