Immediate start positions available.
Are you looking for professional experience in Spain? Application period open now for students and recent graduates. No matter what your background and level of Spanish are, there is a Meddeas programme for you. Receive a monthly income, free TEFL-related training and the opportunity to explore a country.
Do you want to live a once in a lifetime opportunity?
Becoming a Language Assistant in a Spanish school with Meddeas is a unique experience that will stay with you forever. During one academic year, you will enrol a structured programme and cooperate with 20 teaching hours a week in one of the 200 educational centres we work with. Gain international experience and add transferable skills to your CV. Don’t miss the opportunity to discover a new culture and language, paying no fees and with a guaranteed monthly income, which is more than enough to live in Spain as a student.
So what does Meddeas offer you?
According to your background and interests, there is a Meddeas’ programme for you that will include a University certified course.
- Qualifications: degree in English or any degree plus TEFL course or degree in education
- Conversation practice with up to 28 pupils
- Qualifications: any degree
- Conversation practice with up to 14 pupils
- Minimum qualifications: any degree or university students or gap years.
- Conversation practice with small groups or assisting the main teacher
There are two lodging options: full board accommodation with a host family or independently housing, depending on your own interests. Families in these programmes are linked to the school and chosen by its principal. In fact, they host the Language Assistant on a volunteer basis to experience a cultural and linguistic immersion. The main idea of this cultural exchange is that, while out of the school, Language Assistants will spend half of their time interacting in English with the family and the other half interacting in Spanish, travelling or enjoying their spare time as they want. Partly because of the obligations with the family, the assistants living with a host family will be teaching at the school four days a week. During the programme, the family will cover meals and accommodation expenses.
Starting dates available
- Immediately until May/June 2017
- September 2017 until June 2018
Meddeas is a Spanish organization with presence in five countries that supports multilingual teaching in more than 200 educational centres. It offers language assistant programs and provides consultancy services. Recent graduates from all the main universities the UK have already joined our programmes.
Spain receives 63 million tourists every year thanks to its 41 UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Sites. It has a unique, vibrant and welcoming culture. At the same time it is a Western European country with affordable living standards and high personal security levels. At last but not least, learning Spanish will boost you employability.
- Native-level English speaker.
- No previous teaching experience needed.
- Someone who enjoys working with children and / or young people.
- Energetic and imaginative.
- With no criminal records.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Recent graduates (last four years) or university students or gap years. Any degree!
- Competence in the Spanish language is not required.
Accepted degree subjects
912 euros month
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Closing date: 01/03/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 01/03/2017