In the hypothetical case that measures to control the pandemic are still in place in September and prevent your placement from starting on time, Meddeas will delay your start date until the Ministry of Health allows the academic course to begin.
Would you like to become a Language Assistant in Spain next academic year? Teach English in Spain; receive a monthly income, TEFL-related training and ongoing in-country support. Boost your CV with this international experience that will require to use your own initiative.
A Language Assistant is a native-level speaker of English, French or German, who supports the school’s language teachers and helps students with conversation practice. Their tasks include encouraging oral practice of the foreign language; explaining the culture of their home country; helping with other subjects such as science, art, P.E.; and collaborating with teaching staff in creating teaching materials and planning your own lessons.
What do we offer:
- Placements in more than 200 schools all over Spain
- TEFL training
- Teach between 20-25 hours per week
- Monthly grant: €880-1,100 per month (enough to live in Spain as a young professional)
- Two lodging options: independent housing or full board accommodation with a volunteer host family
- Initial training and teaching workshops
- Spanish public healthcare coverage
- Help opening a bank account
- Paid school holidays (except for the summer period)
- No fees attached
What we are looking for
- Native-level English speaker
- Someone who enjoys working with children and/or young people
- Being energetic and proactive
- Cultural awareness
- Patience and maturity
- No criminal records
- Spanish is not required
- Previous teaching experience will be valued
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
- 10,560-13,200 euro
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 August 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment