Sort bundles of medical records according to a protocol, paginate and prepare a detailed index. Thereafter, prepare a detailed chronological resume of the relevant medical history, focusing on the time frame in which the alleged incident of negligence or accident occurred then document the claimant's current health and welfare: generally provide details to enable an expert to assess the merits of the case.
Medical Records UK was established in 2005 by Adèle Coates-Lyon. She had previously been responsible for preparing and maintaining the medical record bundles for the eight lead claimants in the MMR litigation and in 2007 she was given responsibility for the medical records bundles for the entire cohort in the atomic veterans litigation.
In 2012 the business moved from Norfolk to Gloucestershire and in December 2012 Adele joined forces with Hilary Meredith, who is renowned for her work with members of our armed forces who have been injured in the line of duty, to create MedRex Limited trading as Medical Records UK.
- Must have an enquiring mind, an interest in investigation and a willingness to continue learning.
- Must have excellent report writing skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must take pride in presentation.
- Must be a good team player.
- Must be able to work autonomously and use initiative.
- Must have good computer literacy skills.
- Must have integrity and respect confidentiality as dealing with confidential/ sensitive documents.
- Must have a record of good time keeping.
- Ideally have clinical experience
- Ideally have experience of working in a professional office.
- Ideally be confident and approachable with have good networking and conversation skills (for exhibitions, conferences, dinners).
Must be able to attend the office at GL54 5EE, Monday to Friday, 9am until 5pm.
Qualifications and experience requirements
Must be educated to degree level in a human science based subject.
Accepted degree subjects
health sciences · biology and life sciences · sports science · animal care and veterinary science
Bonus scheme available
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: Two
Please submit your Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 09/12/2016