Are you an aspiring school leaver looking to become a future business and finance leader? Are you looking to build a career with a recognised employer of choice for investing in future talent? If that is you then you need to apply for our School Leaver Programme where you will train in the AAT Accountancy Qualification, we are looking for talented individuals for a January 2020 start in our Farnborough office.
Menzies LLP was voted one of the best Trainee Employers to work for in 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18 and now 2018/19 (Job Crowd.com) with our award winning training and development programmes for Trainees. We offer a personable, friendly and supportive training environment. All of our Trainees have a mentor and training manager for the duration of the programme and they will get the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients from various industry sectors.
Our AAT Trainees form part of the Accounts/Advisory and Auditing team and you will be given the opportunity to gain a strong commercial insight into how organisations work and the challenges they face developing your commercial awareness. As you progress you will be given more responsibility, so that by your second year, for example, you will already be supervising other trainees.
We pay all the costs towards your professional exams including tuition courses, study manuals, textbooks and examination fees for the first sitting. During the Trainee Programme you'll receive paid study leave to attend all the tuition courses, in addition to your annual holiday.
Your career with Menzies doesn't just stop once you complete your AAT qualification, you can be given the opportunity to progress onto further studies, such as the three year ACA qualification.
We want our trainees to be our next generation of leaders. Everyone is different and we don't pigeon hole our trainees into one area of the business. So if you want to develop your career in a specific route whether that's consultancy, forensics, audit, tax, corporate finance, business valuations or accounts then our trainee programmes can offer you multiple pathways. Ongoing training and development is provided throughout your Menzies career as we are passionate about our people and ensuring they are continuously gaining new skills and expertise.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Undertaking planning and preparation of statutory and management accounts from client’s records.
- Assisting and undertaking audits offsite at client premises.
- Assisting with preparation of reports, proposals etc. under the supervision of assistant managers, managers and partners.
- Preparation of VAT and tax returns for clients as directed by assistant managers, managers and partners.
- Bookkeeping (using Excel and Sage software)
- Liaising with clients and related third parties on behalf of assistant managers, managers and partners as directed
- Developing and supervise junior trainees.
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be required.
Our excellent benefits
Come and work for a recognized employer of choice, where we can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Competitive base salary
- 23.5 days annual leave entitlement a year (plus bank holidays)
- Private medical cover
- Life assurance
- Group income protection
- Employer contribution and matching pension scheme
- Flexible working policy
- Competitive staff referral scheme
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program and social events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
January 2020 start.
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 November 2019