Are you an aspiring school leaver looking to become a future business and finance leader? Are you looking to build a career with a recognised employer of choice for investing in future talent? If that is you then you need to apply for our School Leaver Programme where you will train in the AAT Accountancy Qualification, we are looking for talented individuals for a September 2019 start in our Surrey offices in Heathrow (Egham) and Leatherhead.
- Undertaking planning and preparation of statutory and management accounts from client’s records.
- Assisting and undertaking audits offsite at client premises.
- Assisting with preparation of reports, proposals etc. under the supervision of Assistant Managers, Managers and Partners.
- Preparation of VAT and tax returns for clients as directed by Assistant Managers, Managers and Partners.
- Bookkeeping (using Excel and Sage software)
- Liaising with clients and related third parties on behalf of Assistant Managers, Managers and Partners as directed
- Developing and supervise junior trainees.
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be required.
Our AAT Trainees form part of the Accounts/Advisory and Auditing team and you will be given the opportunity to gain a strong commercial insight into how organisations work and the challenges they face developing your commercial awareness. As you progress you will be given more responsibility, so that by your second year, for example, you will already be supervising other trainees.
We pay all the costs towards your professional exams including tuition courses, study manuals, textbooks and examination fees for the first sitting. During the Trainee Programme you'll receive paid study leave to attend all the tuition courses, in addition to your annual holiday.
Your career with Menzies doesn't just stop once you complete your AAT qualification, you can be given the opportunity to progress onto further studies, such as the three year ACA qualification.
We want our trainees to be our next generation of leaders! Everyone is different and we don't pigeon hole our trainees into one area of the business! So if you want to develop your career in a specific route whether that's consultancy, forensics, audit, rax, corporate finance, business valuations or accounts then our trainee programmes can offer you multiple pathways. Ongoing training and development is provided throughout your Menzies career as we are passionate about our people and ensuring they are continuously gaining new skills and expertise.
Required skills and attributes:
- Current school or college student or a recent school or college leaver
- Minimum three A-level passes at grade A-C (minimum 300 UCAS points) and eight GCSE's including maths and English, or equivalent.
- Passionate about working with people
- Commercially and strategically minded
- Strong at networking and relationship building
- All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract.
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new AAT Trainee then apply online ASAP.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive for each role, we may not always be able to respond to your application within a short term time period. However every application is review by a member of the Talent Acquisition team against the criteria set-out but also on the quality of your CV and covering letter.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 29 July 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 29 July 2019