Menzies LLP is currently looking for bright and talented individuals to be our new Accountancy Outsourcing Assistant based out of the Woking office and forms part of the wider Outsourcing service we offer our clients.
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy and advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
We operate out of a network of offices across Surrey, Hampshire, Cardiff and London, providing our clients with easy access and local knowledge.
Many of our clients are expanding overseas and benefit from the outward perspective we can provide via our active membership of HLB International.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
Key duties and responsibilities:
As an accounting trainee, you will be responsible for maintaining our client’s records on a variety of systems,
preparing VAT returns, assisting and supporting the preparation of the management accounts for a portfolio of clients.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Be the day-to-day contact for the client for all book keep activities
- Be responsible for all book keeping duties up to and including the production of a Trial Balance, PL and balance sheet. This will include the update and maintenance of the clients sales, purchases and general ledgers – from data input to ledger management dependent on the client’s needs
- Process cash and credit card expenses as required
- Carry out bank reconciliation and reconciliation of other key control accounts.
- Preparing VAT returns
- Ensuring that the accounting system is kept up to date and accurate within the timeframes agreed.
- Preparing and posting key transactions such as payroll, prepayments, fixed assets/depreciation, accruals, intercompany transactions and ad-hoc adjustments
- Support the preparation of management accounts - maintain accounting records and working papers, calculate and apply month end adjustments to management accounts
- Effectively deal with all client related queries within a timely manner as and when they arise.
- Majority of work will be undertaken in the office, however you may be required to work on site with clients (as and when required)
- Ensure all processing deadlines are met in line with client agreements
- Supporting more senior staff and team members in client work and management
Come and work for a recognized employer of choice, where we can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Competitive base salary
- 25 days annual leave entitlement a year (plus bank holidays)
- Private medical cover
- Life assurance
- Group income protection
- Employer contribution and matching pension scheme
- Flexible working policy
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR program and social events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Required skills and attributes
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions
- Must fit with our 'BRIGHT' values
- Excellent communication and ability to work across a variety of clients during the month will be required
- Self-starter who understands the importance of maintaining positive client relationships
- Demonstrates an organised approach to work and to meeting deadlines
- Collaborates well in a team environment
- Willing to learn and develop new skills
- Shares ideas with peers and management in order to improve the effectiveness of the service offering to our
- Proactive in dealing with client queries/issues and making recommendations to improve or mitigate the risk of reoccurrence
- Attention to detail, prioritisation of tasks and a strong ability to build and sustain internal and external
- relationships will be essential
- Studying AAT with a strong academic background
- Strong Excel skills are essential
- Good ability to pick up and learn new accounting or invoice/expense processing software applications
- Ability to apply technical accounting knowledge to real life client situations
- Able to communicate confidently with clients and understand their accounting and reporting requirements.
What we are looking for
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Accountancy Outsourcing Assistant then apply online ASAP.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 August 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 August 2019