Are you an aspiring future business and finance leader who is looking to build a career with a dynamic and growing professional services firm? If that is you then you need to apply for Menzies LLP's ATT R&D Tax Graduate Programme in our office in Leatherhead, Surrey.
This is a key role within the Firm’s innovation and R&D team focused on assisting innovative clients with their tax affairs including the preparation and submission of R&D and Patent Box claims together with provision of advice around the whole innovation lifecycle of a business.
The ATT Tax Programme
Our ATT Trainees form part of our Business Tax teams and will work in small client assignment teams of three or four people with direct access to business owners & directors. You will be given the opportunity to gain a strong advisory insight into how organizations work and the challenges they face, developing your commercial awareness. As you progress you will be given more responsibility, so that by your second year, for example, you will already be supervising other trainees.
We pay all the costs towards your professional exams including tuition courses, study manuals, textbooks and examination fees for the first sitting. During the two year ATT Trainee Programme you'll receive paid study leave to attend all the tuition courses, in addition to your annual holiday.
Your career with Menzies doesn't just stop once you complete your ATT qualification, you will have the option to go on and study the prestigious CTA qualification. We want our Tax trainees to be our next generation of leaders operating in the Tax Advisory space!
Your career with Menzies doesn't just stop once you complete your professional qualification, we want all our trainees to be our next generation of senior leaders! Everyone is different and we don't pigeon hole our trainees into one area of the business! So if you want to develop your career in a specific route whether that's Advisory, Forensics, Audit, Tax, Corporate Finance, Business Valuations or Management Accounts then our trainee programmes can offer you multiple pathways. Ongoing training & development is provided throughout your Menzies career in the MENZIES ACADEMY as we are passionate about our people and ensuring they are continuously gaining new skills and expertise.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Preparation of R&D Reports and tax relief claims for submission to HMRC including the following:
- Report writing
- Detailed industry and client research and due diligence
- Extensive analysis and calculations in relation to R&D costs
- Relevant corporation tax computation entries
- Online submission to HMRC and subsequent monitoring of claim progress
- Preparation and submission of Patent Box tax relief claims
- Monitor and track financial performance of Innovation and R&D team in line with KPIs
- Support the activities of the Innovation and R&D team and the wider development of tax services provided to clients throughout the innovation lifecycle
- Deliver corporate tax client services to a high standard; communicate directly with clients and colleagues on the phone or in person where appropriate to resolve queries and develop relationships
- Marketing and business development including assistance with cross-selling opportunities, prospecting, networking, marketing material, etc
- Ensure the firm’s technical, ethical and compliance procedures are adhered to in all cases
- Carry out ad hoc projects and other duties as may be reasonably required
What we are looking for
- Must fit with the Menzies values
- Passionate about working with people
- Commercially and strategically minded
- Strong at networking and relationship building
- Existing/recent 'entry level work experience' in the accounting profession is acceptable
- All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract.
- Minimum of a 2:1 undergraduate degree in either a business, ginance, scientific, law, engineering or mathematics discipline.
- Minimum three A-Level passes at grade A-C
- Eight GCSE's including maths and English, or equivalent.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new ACA Trainee then apply online ASAP.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 3 October 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 3 October 2019