Menzies LLP is actively looking to identify a talented individual to join our Business Improvement Team in the role of Business Analyst based from our Woking office in Surrey.
Menzies has an ambitious and forward thinking digital strategy, which sets out our vision to transform our business by embracing the opportunities that are being presented by rapid advancements in technology. You will be part of a team responsible for analysing and improving processes to gain efficiency and embed best practice across the business. Your contribution will be key to the delivery of projects that underpin the digital strategy.
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy and advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
We operate out of a network of offices across Surrey, Hampshire, Cardiff and London, providing our clients with easy access and local knowledge.
Many of our clients are expanding overseas and benefit from the outward perspective we can provide via our active membership of HLB International.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Engage with staff to understand the opportunities to optimise business processes and the systems that support them
- Document as-is and proposed to-be processes
- Participate in the development of business cases for innovation, compliance and business improvement projects
- Prepare and develop functional specifications
- Where applicable, translate requirements to technical staff
- Lead and facilitate functional user acceptance testing
- Assist in developing and maintaining project plans
- Facilitate/coordinate/participate in progress meetings and report progress to relevant stakeholders
- Liaise with third party providers regarding implementation and support of systems
- Identify training requirements and liaise with trainers to ensure that training programs address use of the system as well as imparting understanding of the associated processes that you have been involved in designing
Come and work for a recognised employer of choice, where we can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Competitive base salary
- 25 days annual leave entitlement a year (plus bank holidays)
- Private medical cover
- Life assurance
- Group income protection
- Employer contribution and matching pension scheme
- Flexible working policy
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR programme and social events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Programme - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential
What we are looking for
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- To be successful in this role, it is imperative that you fit the Menzies ‘Bright’ values
- Analysis, judgement and problem solving to define needs/problems, break them down into component parts, define goals, derive actions and evaluate success
- Active listening and interviewing skills
- Confidence to challenge others’ ideas in a constructive way to achieve quality outcomes
- Interpersonal sensitivity with ability to understand others’ points of view and concerns about change
- Action orientation by taking initiative and originating action to follow through with decisions and to get things done; to maintain effective work behaviour in the face of setbacks and/or pressure and frequent interruptions
- Strong communication skills to express thoughts clearly, both orally and in writing to staff at all levels of seniority and to external parties
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a team and autonomously
- Customer focus to seek first-hand feedback
- Advanced skills in MS Office, in particular, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint
- A broad understanding of IT and relevant software applications
- Mainly based in Woking, this role will be required to travel to all Menzies offices from time to time and on occasion, those of clients and suppliers
- Must have valid UK driving license and own vehicle
Experience in any of the following would be beneficial but not essential:
- Previous business analysis experience in an accountancy or professional services organisation
- Designing and implementing a document/content management system
- Implementing CRM
- Implementing Office 365
No mandatory formal qualifications but qualifications in business, IT, business analysis or project management would be beneficial.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Business Analyst then apply via the Apply button ASAP.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 May 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 May 2019