Menzies LLP is currently looking to recruit a talented and ambitious second-year university student to be our next placement student in our Cardiff office working in our Insolvency team. The placement will begin in August 2020 and run for 12 months.
The Insolvency team stands for the qualities that power sound decisions. And we believe that behind every good decision, you'll find solid thinking, proven experience and valuable insight. But all the numbers and facts in the world mean nothing without a top team of professionals to make sense of them all.
That's where you come in - provided you're incisive, entrepreneurial and up for a challenge. We offer an environment where your talent and perspective matter - where you can make a real impact.
Our insolvency professionals serve as trusted advisors to individuals, companies, financial sponsors, lenders, creditors and other interested parties providing clear and concise solutions to distressed situations.
The firm prides itself on the experience and responsibility which it offers placement students
The work is varied, and the placement student will gain exposure to a variety of insolvency procedures such as administrations, liquidations (both solvent and insolvent) and personal insolvency cases such as bankruptcy and individual voluntary arrangements.
The placement programme:
- Using the firm’s established internal systems to produce standard letters and forms on case related matters to comply with all regulatory obligations
- To deal with correspondence (both written correspondence and telephone calls) in a timely and professional manner
- To liaise with and provide feedback to creditors, employees and directors of insolvent estates
- To liaise with solicitors, chattel agents and debt collection agents to ensure asset realisations are maximised
- To collate information and assist in the preparation of reports.
- To take ownership of their cases and manage their own workload
- To keep line managers appraised on progress
- To assist and support other members of the team as required
- To take an active part in the firm and be a part of its "work winning team" ethos
The job may involve travel to clients’ sites, away from the office.
We can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days a year (plus bank holidays)
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR programme and social events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Programme - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential
What we are looking for
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Interest in working and developing a career in Insolvency
- Demonstrated track record of superior academic and work performance; demonstrated commitment to outstanding results
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to master new tasks quickly
- Dedication to teamwork, demonstrated leadership potential and strong personal integrity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with focus on Excel and Word
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- Flexibility to travel, as needed
Be on course to graduate with, at least a 2:1 in your chosen degree discipline.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Insolvency Placement student then apply online via the Apply button ASAP.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 November 2019