We are actively looking for a talented second-year university student studying Accounting and Finance who has a real passion for Corporate Finance to be our new placement student for a year based at our central London office. The placement will be for 12 months and starts in August 2020.
The Corporate Finance Team provides a full range of advisory services including buying and selling companies, undertaking due diligence, report writing, valuations, financial modelling, business appraisals, deal negotiation, capital raising and consultancy.
As a corporate finance placement, you will get exposure to the business world of the SME sector. You will work on a wide range of assignments effectively split between providing corporate finance administrative support and carrying out research projects which includes web based research and utilising database and research tools such as Experian and IBIS World.
The placement student will be required to carry out research projects for the team and provide support on marketing projects, including organising client events and co-ordinating e-shots. The successful placement student should therefore be passionate about Corporate Finance, an analytical and inquisitive person, highly organised and able to juggle multiple projects with minimal supervision.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Document management, including standardisation and formatting
- Diary management
- Events management
- Responsible for sending E-Shots to prospective and existing clients
- Database management
- Researching acquisition and disposal targets for pre-existing mandates
- Providing analytical financial analysis of selected targets
We can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days a year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working policies (core hours are between 10am and 4.30pm)
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR programme and social events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Programme - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential
What we are looking for
- Willing to travel (limited)
- Excellent time management capabilities
- Excellent attention to detail and a quality approach
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise own work
- Ability to build relationships and engage with colleagues and clients at all levels
- A professional and confidential approach
- Advanced IT skills – (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook)
- Experience of carrying out marketing or research projects
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Be a second-year university student studying accounting and finance or a finance related degree
- Three A-levels at least, grades A-C or equivalent
- A-C grades at GSCE with A or B grades in English and maths (or equivalent)
Accepted degree subjects
- accounting and finance
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Forensics Accounting Placement Student then apply online via the Apply button ASAP.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 November 2019