Are you an aspiring future business and finance leader who is looking to start a Tax career with a dynamic and growing professional services firm? Menzies LLP is looking for a fluent German-speaking graduate or school leaver to be part of their September 2019 ATT Tax Trainee Programme in their Woking office.
The ATT Tax Programme:
In this particular position, you will study for your ATT qualification while working within the Private Client Tax team. Your day-to-day will include:
- Working in small client assignment teams of three of four people, with direct access to business owners and directors
- Gaining strong advisory insight into how organisations work and the challenges faced
- Continuously developing commercial awareness
- Building strong relationships with German clients, and ensuring their business needs are met via verbal and written communication
- Gaining more responsibility throughout the programme, with the opportunity to supervise other trainees by your second year
With regards to the ATT qualification, we pay all the costs towards your professional exams including tuition courses, study manuals, textbooks and examination fees for the first sitting. During the two year ATT Trainee Programme you will receive paid study leave to attend all the tuition courses, in addition to your annual holiday.
Your career with Menzies doesn't just stop once you complete your ATT qualification, there may be the option to go on and study the prestigious CTA qualification. We want our Tax trainees to be our next generation of leaders operating in the Tax Advisory space.
Once qualified, we recognise that everyone is different and we do not pigeon hole our trainees into one area of the business. So if you want to develop your career in a specific route whether that's advisory, forensics, audit, tax, corporate finance, business valuations or management accounts then our trainee programmes can offer you multiple pathways. Ongoing training and development is provided throughout your Menzies career in the Menzies Academy as we are passionate about our people and ensuring they are continuously gaining new skills and expertise.
We can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- A competitive base salary
- Generous holiday allowance of 23.5 days a year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working policies
- A variety of perks and discounts from leading, well known brands and retail stores
- Learning and development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR programme and social events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Programme - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential
What we are looking for
- Fluent in both verbal and written German
- Must fit with the Menzies 'BRIGHT' values
- Passionate about working with people
- Commercially and strategically minded
- Strong at networking and relationship building
- Existing/recent entry level work experience in the accounting profession is acceptable
All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract.
- If applying as a graduate, a minimum of a 2:1 undergraduate degree in either a German language, business, finance, scientific, law, engineering or mathematics discipline
- If applying as a school leaver, a minimum of three A-level passes at grade A-C, or equivalent
- Eight GCSE's, or equivalent, including maths and English
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new AAT Trainee then apply online ASAP.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive for each role, we may not always be able to respond to your application within a short term time period. However every application is reviewed by a member of the Talent Acquisition team against the criteria set-out but also on the quality of your CV and covering letter.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 July 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 July 2019