Are you an aspiring future business and finance leader who is looking to build a career with a recognised employer of choice for investing in young talent ('National Firm of the Year 2016 Winner' at the 2016 British Accountancy Awards)? If that is you then you need to apply for our ATT Tax Graduate Programme which is now open for applications for our September 2018 intake in our offices in beautiful Surrey & Hampshire.
Our ATT trainees form part of the corporate and private client tax teams and will work in small client assignment teams of three or four people with direct access to business owners and directors. You will be given the opportunity to gain a strong advisory insight into how organisations work and the challenges they face, developing your commercial awareness. As you progress you will be given more responsibility, so that by your second year, for example, you will already be supervising other trainees.
We pay all the costs towards your professional exams including tuition courses, study manuals, textbooks and examination fees for the first sitting. During the two-year ATT trainee programme you'll receive paid study leave to attend all the tuition courses, in addition to your annual holiday.
Your career with Menzies doesn't just stop once you complete your ATT qualification, you will have the option to go on and study the prestigious CTA qualification. We want our tax trainees to be our next generation of senior leaders operating the Tax Advisory space!
We can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- A highly competitive base salary
- Generous holiday allowance of 23.5 days a year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working policies (core hours are between 10am and 4.30pm)
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR programme and social events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Programme - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees.
- As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Menzies LLP was voted one of the best Graduate Employers to work for in 2015/16 and 2016/17 (Job Crowd.com) with our award winning training and development programmes for graduates. We offer a personable, friendly and supportive training environment. All our graduates have a mentor and training manager for the duration of the programme and they will get the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients from various industry sectors.
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a top 20 accountancy firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
We operate out of a network of offices across Surrey, Hampshire, Cardiff and London, providing our clients with easy access and local knowledge.
Many of our clients are expanding overseas and benefit from the outward perspective we can provide via our active membership of HLB International.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
- Passionate about TAX and working with people
- Commercially and strategically minded
- Strong at networking and relationship building
- All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Candidates must have a minimum of a 2:1 degree (ideally from a business management, accounting and finance, physics, chemistry, engineering, mathematics and economics degree)
- Three A-level passes at grade A-C (ideally a minimum 300 UCAS points)
- Eight GCSE's including maths and English, or equivalent.
Accepted degree subjects
physics · economics · mathematics · business and management studies · chemistry · accounting and finance
Hampshire · Surrey
How to apply
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Tax Trainee then apply online now via the Apply button.
- Online application (CV and cover letter)
- Screening of applications against the criteria (will begin from early November 2017)
- Online video Interviews - preset questions set by the 'Careers Team' (please note these are not live interviews) (will begin from early December 2017)
- Online testing - verbal and numerical reasoning tests (will begin from January 2018)
- Telephone Interviews with the careers team (will begin from mid January 2018)
- Assessment centres (to be held in February and March 2018)
Closing date: 31/01/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/01/2018