Are you an aspiring recent school leaver who is looking to build a career with a recognized employer of choice for investing in future talent (National Firm of the Year 2016 Winner' at the 2016 British Accountancy Awards)? If that is you then you need to apply for our ATT Tax School Leaver Apprenticeship Programme which is now open for applications for our September 2018 intake in our offices in Leatherhead, Surrey in our private client tax department.
The ATT Programme
Our ATT Trainees form part of the Private Client Tax teams and will work in small client assignment teams of three or four people with direct access to business owners and directors. You will be given the opportunity to gain a strong advisory insight into how organizations work and the challenges they face, developing your commercial awareness. As you progress you will be given more responsibility, so that by your second year, for example, you will already be supervising other trainees.
We pay all the costs towards your professional exams including tuition courses, study manuals, textbooks and examination fees for the first sitting. During the two year ATT Trainee Programme you'll receive paid study leave to attend all the tuition courses, in addition to your annual holiday.
Your career with Menzies doesn't just stop once you complete your ATT qualification, you will have the option to go on and study the prestigious CTA qualification. We want our Tax trainees to be our next generation of leaders operating the Tax Advisory space.
We can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- A trainee starting base salary
- Generous holiday allowance of 23.5 days a year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working policies (core hours are between 10am and 4.30pm)
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program and social events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24/7 and is completely confidential.
Required skills and attributes
- An upcoming or recent school leaver with three A-Level passes at grade A-C.
- Eight GCSE's including maths and English, or equivalent.
- Passionate about learning about tax and working with people
- Commercially and strategically minded
- Strong at networking and relationship building
- All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract.
Additional job details