We are looking for a talented individual to be our new ATT-CTA Trainee for our Business Tax team based in our Heathrow (Egham) office! This role will start in August 2023.
The ATT-CTA Apprentice supports the delivery of tax services to corporate clients including preparing relevant computations and advising on their tax obligations.
We pay all the costs towards your professional exams including tuition courses, study manuals, textbooks and examination fees for the first sitting. During the Trainee Programme you'll receive paid study leave to attend all the tuition courses, in addition to your annual holiday.
Your career with Menzies doesn't just stop once you complete your ATT qualification, you can be given the opportunity to progress onto further studies, such as the 3 year CTA qualification.
We want our trainees to be our next generation of leaders! Everyone is different and we don't pigeon hole our trainees into one area of the business! So if you want to develop your career in a specific route whether that's Consultancy, Forensics, Audit, Tax, Corporate Finance, Business Valuations or Accounts then our trainee programmes can offer you multiple pathways. Ongoing training & development is provided throughout your Menzies career as we are passionate about our people and ensuring they are continuously gaining new skills and expertise.
- Assisting with the preparation of tax computations for individuals and partnerships.
- Assisting more senior colleagues in gathering information and communicating with clients on routine matters.
- Communicating with HM Revenue and Customs on behalf of clients where authorised to do so.
- Helping with the client onboarding process where required.
- Undertaking routine tasks as required by senior members of the team.
- Accompanying senior members of the team on phone calls/ meeting with clients.
- Any Ad-hoc responsibilities as required.
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum of a 2:2 in your chosen degree
- Minimum 2 x A levels (A-C) and one other A level or equivalent
- 5 GCSEs grades A*- C or 9-4 (Maths and English Language preferred) or equivalent.
- Good numeracy and literary skills
- Ability to demonstrate good verbal and written communication
- Willingness to learn and ability to be flexible
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to maintain work-life-study balance to meet required deadlines
- Willingness to contribute as part of a team
- All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract.
Additional job details
- London · Heathrow
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Due to the large volume of applications we receive for each role, we may not always be able to respond to your application within a short-term time period. However, every application is reviewed by a member of the Talent Acquisition team against the criteria set-out but also the quality of your CV and covering letter.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain. Please be aware that we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL. Please do not contact individual hiring managers.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 March 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment