Are you a current or recent school or college leaver and have aspirations to be a future business and finance leader? If that is you then you need to apply for Menzies LLP's ATT Tax Apprenticeship Trainee Programme which is now open for applications for our July 2019 intake for our office in Farnborough, Hampshire.
The ATT Tax programme
Our ATT Trainees form part of either the Private Client Tax or Corporate/Business Tax teams and will work in small client assignment teams of three or four people with direct access to business owners and directors. You will be given the opportunity to gain a strong advisory insight into how organizations work and the challenges they face, developing your commercial awareness. As you progress you will be given more responsibility, so that by your second year, for example, you will already be supervising other trainees.
We pay all the costs towards your professional exams including tuition courses, study manuals, textbooks and examination fees for the first sitting. During the two year ATT Trainee Programme you'll receive paid study leave to attend all the tuition courses, in addition to your annual holiday.
Your career with Menzies doesn't just stop once you complete your ATT qualification, you will have the option to go on and study the prestigious CTA qualification. We want our Tax trainees to be our next generation of leaders operating in the Tax Advisory space.
Your career with Menzies doesn't just stop once you complete your professional qualification, we want all our trainees to be our next generation of senior leaders! Everyone is different and we don't pigeon hole our trainees into one area of the business! Ongoing training and development is provided throughout your Menzies career in the Menzies Academy as we are passionate about our people and ensuring they are continuously gaining new skills and expertise.
We can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- School leaver trainee starting salary
- Generous holiday allowance of 23.5 days a year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working policies
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program and social events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Required skills and attributes:
- Must fit with the Menzies 'BRIGHT' values
- Minimum three A-level passes at grade A-C
- Eight GCSE's including maths and English, or equivalent.
- Passionate about working with people
- Commercially and strategically minded
- Strong at networking and relationship building
- Existing/recent entry level work experience in the accounting profession would be ideal
- All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract.
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new ATT Tax Apprenticeship Trainee then apply online ASAP.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive for each role, we may not always be able to respond to your application within a short term time period. However every application is review by a member of the Talent Acquisition team against the criteria set-out but also on the quality of your CV and covering letter.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 2 August 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 2 August 2019