We are on the look out for motivated and enthusiastic graduates who are keen to join our Mechanical, Electrical and Sustainability Engineering department.You will be expected to work as part of a team to develop building integrated detailed mechanical and electrical engineering designs.
You can expect a “hands on” learning style with constant support and tuition from experienced team members. You will be assigned a mentor but you can expect to work with all members of the team both in the office and during site visits. Responsibilities increase rapidly as confidence and experience is gained. In addition, you will be encouraged to become a chartered engineer through an accredited institution such as CIBSE, IMechE, IET or the Energy Institute and our training programme supports this. Within a short period you will be running your own projects under the supervision of an experienced engineer and the prospects for rapid promotion are excellent.
We offer 24 days’ leave plus additional flexi-leave (up to 12 days flex, plus an additional 10 days’ unpaid leave), flexible working hours, private healthcare, life assurance, company pension scheme, regular appraisals and a profit-share bonus scheme. Salary is highly competitive and will increase rapidly with experience.
Start date: Summer 2020.
What we are looking for
- An appreciation of sustainability, renewable energy technologies, thermodynamics and energy systems are essential.
- You must be interested in the built environment and have the ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- You will need to adapt to new situations quickly and be willing to contribute as an active design team member.
- A full driving licence is desirable.
- To meet with current legislation, rights to work checks will be carried out to ensure candidates are eligible to work within the UK. We are currently unable to support candidates with a Tier 2 Visa or those requiring sponsorship to work here.
You should have a good degree or be expected to gain a good degree in any engineering or physical sciences discipline – for example mechanical or electrical engineering, building services engineering, environmental engineering, architectural engineering or physics.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
How to apply
To apply please send your CV and a chatty letter telling us about your background, why you are interested in the role and how you found out about our vacancy, via the Apply button.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 December 2019