We’re making a series of significant changes across the wealth solutions business of Prudential UK as part of our contribution to make M&G Prudential the best loved and most successful savings and investments business. These changes are part of our strategy to modernise Prudential UK so that we can regain our reputation for innovation, reduce costs and become a truly digital business.
- Building a secure public cloud platform to enable our teams to deliver with minimal friction
- Building natural language conversational interfaces to give our customers a smooth experience, and our sales people a major productivity boost
- Working in multi-discipline feature teams, alongside designers, analysts, product managers, user experience specialists and information security experts
- Exploring the latest container orchestration platforms, then selecting and building out the one that best suits our needs
- Building a design system to make collaboration across user experience, design and engineering smooth, and effortlessly give our visual user interfaces a consistent look and feel
- Automating our software delivery processes to make them fast, visible, and ensure we’re building quality in from the outset
- Taking centre stage in three-day ‘hothouse’ sessions intensively collaborating on building software to solve a real business problem
We are working hard to build a technology foundation fit for a modern digital, insight-led, responsive business. This means we can offer an exceptionally broad set of exposure and growth opportunities to people pursuing a career in business technology.
Technologies we’ve been working with recently have included:
- Microsoft Azure cloud
- Serverless frameworks
- HD Insight
- Databricks analytics platform, Spark etc
- Storybook AppDynamics
- Adobe Experience Manager
You will be on the scheme for 18 months before you roll off permanently into a team and whilst on the scheme will have an opportunity to experience different disciplines as you rotate through engineering, delivery, Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), business analysis and data analytics.
You’ll be assigned to multi-discipline feature team of 8-10 people, this unit will be your primary home in terms of day-to-day work. Every day is different - from running user research on new products that are coming to market; developing customer, advisor and operational experiences; to making new components and releases live in our production environment - as a member of a feature team you’ll get to experience all of these elements alongside the rest of your team.
You will receive comprehensive training programme to support you through the scheme along with up to date business, personal development and a work place mentor to help you navigate your way. You will receive regular feedback through rotation appraisals, allowing you to continue to develop throughout the programme.
What we are looking for
If you share our values, are passionate about technology and you’re headed for a 2:1, get in touch to start your journey.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
We assess applications as we receive them so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 09/12/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 09/12/2018
Additional job details