We’re looking for extraordinary individuals to join our Edinburgh based engineering team and embark on a unique and extensive, 12-month development program, specifically developed to set you up for success in your career in software.
When you join the programme, you’ll gain experience across the engineering lifecycle as we rotate you through our development, QA and system operations roles. That experience will be broad; spanning topics like user requirement gathering through to development and deployment.
You’ll join a working environment where agile teams are contributing to projects to create our wide range of digital products and services. We pride ourselves on maintaining a development space which will let you fail fast and safe, so you too can be a part of our transformative environment where innovation is celebrated.
We go out of our way to ensure that you have all the skills to enable you to build amazing products. This includes a technical training programme where you’ll learn through a combination of on-the-job coaching, self-directed development and dedicated learning days led by our experts. We’ll ensure you develop your skills in topics like Java development, System modelling, API design, continuous development and integration, AWS and Cloud.
We’ll also put on a series of entrepreneurial workshops to help you dig deeper into the fundamentals of running a business like Modulr, plus soft skills sessions to help you develop professionally and personally.
On top of this, your benefits package will look like this:
- Highly competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus potential
- Pension and life insurance
- Flexible working
- Optional benefits (private medical, health cash plan, dental plan, gym membership, travel account)
- Opportunity to attend conferences and industry events
Start date: July 2020.
What we are looking for
- An ability to code in an object oriented language, ideally Java
- Confidence in understanding and using databases and common data formats (CSV, XML, JSON)
- Proactive nature to adapt to a fast paced environment
- Passion for FinTech and payments
- Thirst for improving your knowledge of software and technology
- Enthusiasm for teamwork and collaboration
- Curiosity for continuous learning mindset
Strong academic background with an undergraduate degree in computer science, computing, software engineering
Accepted degree subjects
- computer sciences
Additional job details
- starting £35,000
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
- Click Apply button
- If successful, we’ll invite you to a 30 minute phone interview where you’ll speak to a member of the graduate team about your passion for technology, past technology projects and your motivations for joining us here at Modulr.
- The next stage in the process is a technical test which you’ll be free to complete in any programming language.
- After this, we’ll invite you to our office to meet the team as a chance to explore opportunities and to work with other applicants on some exciting Modulr related tech challenges for a chance to join the graduate programme.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 3 February 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 3 February 2020