Is your main goal as a graduate to make your CV stand out? Working for a big four company will do just that.
What are the perks of working for a “big four” global consultancy?
Our client, KPMG is a global consultancy firm and are known for operating in 153 countries and working across sectors including government, public-sector and non-profit.
Not only will you receive role specific training, you will also develop your skills by working alongside industry leading professionals.
What does a Telephony Analyst do:
- Calls - conduct inbound and outbound ‘first contact’ calls with customers
- Data - accurate data entry and processing
- Compliance checks - maintaining compliance with operational and regulatory risk standards by carrying out validation or security checks for all calls where required
- Regulations - ensuring all legislative regulatory requirements are adhered to by complying with the firm’s complaints handling policy, training and competency scheme and call handling standards
The project is KYC, what is that?
Under UK law, businesses must ensure that fraudulent activity is not happening within the company. Know your customer is a way of completing background screening checks and preventing financial crime such as money laundering.
- Long-term contract 12+ months
- Training and support
- Career development
- Stimulating working environment
Intakes starting in June. Duration: Initially 12 months
What we are looking for
- Worked in a customer service
- Outbound and inbound call experience
- Worked in financial services
- Working knowledge of MS office
- Articulate in both written and verbal communication
- A responsible self-starter
- Maintain high quality standards for work
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- £103 per day
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 24 July 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment