Join as an AAT Associate within our outsourcing department and assist in providing clients with the full range of accounting and back office services, including bookkeeping, accounts preparation, management accounting, VAT compliance, forecasting and budgeting and any other ad hoc advice and assistance on accounting matters.
Are you considering a career where you can use your communication, problems solving and numeracy skills?
The role of an AAT trainee will equip successful applicants with the necessary broad experience to start your career on the right track. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible benefits, we offer full study support towards gaining your AAT qualification and internal training to maximise your personal and technical skills. The life of an AAT trainee at Moore Stephens LLP is a busy one, full of client work, study and socialising!
Your role will involve assisting senior members of the Outsourcing department with work across a varied client base, and ad hoc tasks as required.
- Ensures that all communication, whether written or spoken is in a professional manner
- Maintain good relationship with clients
- Ensure that the manager is kept up to date with any issues arising from the client or its activities.
- Be aware of chargeable time and charge out rates, so that all time spent is accurately recorded and jobs are completed on a timely basis, within the budgets provided
- Basic knowledge of double entry
- Prepare legible and comprehensive working papers
- Bookkeeping including preparing, processing and recording bank transactions, processing purchase, sales and general ledger entries, under supervision.
- Processing and raising of invoices (sales and purchases) and expenses
- Preparation of bank and petty cash reconciliations and cashbook analysis
- Have an awareness of how the outsourcing team works with other departments within the firm
- Prepare cheque runs and payments using BACS system
- Ensure that invoices, payments and bank summaries are prepared on a timely basis
- Study for the AAT
- Five GCSE's grade A*-C with a C or above in English language and maths (or international equivalent)
- 260 UCAS points, achieved across three A-levels sat within the same academic year (or international equivalent)
- Interest in accounting
- Competent using MS Office, particularly Excel
- Proven knowledge of computerised accounting systems such as Sage Line 50
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Keenness to learn new skills and knowledge
- Self-motivated and well organised
- Be able to ask questions in order to increase knowledge
- Team worker
Moore Stephens is the UK’s ninth largest independent accounting and consulting association, comprising over 1,900 partners and staff in 37 locations. Our objective is simple: to be viewed by clients as the first point-of-contact for all their financial, advisory and compliance needs.
In order that you can be successful at your professional qualification we will cover all the first time costs for your tuition and exams, including time out of the office to attend college. We also provide a bespoke internal trainee development programme (TDP) to maximise your personal and technical skills.
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: Two
Closing date: 28/01/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/01/2017