Joining as a graduate you’ll be the future of the firm. To ensure you succeed we’ll provide the training and support you need, coupled with the responsibility and autonomy to allow you to grow. You’ll work with experienced professionals and face the kind of challenges that turn smart graduates into confident accountants. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible benefits, you’ll receive full study support towards gaining your ACA qualification. We provide the opportunities you take them.
Being part of our corporate audit team you will need an analytical mind as you work to provide audit and accounting services to a broad range of clients including financial services, technology companies and sports clubs. Your role will involve providing a high quality service to clients in respect of the preparation and audit of statutory accounts.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the objectives of an audit
- Understand and act on basic instructions
- Understand and perform basic tests, and complete individual tests from within PROaudit
- Prepare a simple trial balance and identify errors in basic accounting
- Elementary knowledge of double entry
- Assist in the call and cast of accounts
Assist in the preparation of lead schedules and audit work which includes, but is not limited to:
- Completing statutory sections
- System notes
- Journal testing
- Capital and reserves sections
- Income testing
- Expenses testing
- Bank and cash testing
- Follow any reasonable instruction by the audit senior
- Prepare legible and comprehensive working papers
- Be prepared to travel to client sites as required
- Assist with bank reconciliations and audit bank sections
- Demonstrate commitment to working as a team to achieve deadlines
- Successfully study towards the ACA via a level-seven apprenticeship
Your studies towards the ACA qualification may follow a government approved level-seven apprenticeship standard which encompasses all of the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to be a qualified Accountant. This would also include an additional End Point Assessment. More information can be found on the Gov.UK website.
What we are looking for
- Able to work to deadlines
- Competent using MS Office
- Team worker
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proven planning and prioritising skills
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Degree educated, 2:1 or above, attained or expected
- Minimum of 120 UCAS points (or equivalent), achieved within the same academic year
Accepted degree subjects
- accounting and finance
How to apply
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 11/11/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details