Join as an ACA Associate within our business tax team where you will provide bespoke taxation services to clients and deal with queries from compliance through to high-level advisory work. You'll prepare tax returns and computations, carry out tax planning/consultancy work, and deal with HMRC, clients and third parties.
Are you considering a career where you can use your communication, problems solving and numeracy skills?
The role of an ACA trainee will equip successful applicants with the necessary broad experience to start your career on the right track. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible benefits, we offer full study support towards gaining your ACA qualification and internal training to maximise your personal and technical skills. The life of an ACA trainee at Moore Stephens LLP is a busy one, full of client work, study and socialising!
Your role will include supporting in all day-to-day aspects of the business tax compliance function, plus assisting in the provision of consultancy work and business development as required.
- corporation tax computations at both provision and final stage
- corporation, partnership, personal and overseas landlord tax returns
- deferred tax calculations for inclusion in the final statements, as required
- Assist in dealing with HMRC correspondence including obtaining relevant information from audit files etc
- Assist in dealing with client correspondence including the preparation of tax payment advice letters for review
- Assist with a portfolio of clients ensuring they are kept up to date with relevant progress of their computations, tax matters and deadlines
- Communicating with clients to obtain relevant information or to resolve queries, dealing with Know your Client and other compliance matters etc
- Assist with any other aspects of the compliance function, including updating Alphatax on a regular basis
- Assist with the preparation of fee proposals for review
- Ensure deadlines are met and issues or difficulties that arise are brought to the attention of the senior team members; liaise with senior team members to regularly communicate progress of work
- Assist with general administrative duties
- Develop an awareness of UK taxation and accounting matters, including accounting standards and double entry book-keeping
Moore Stephens is the UK’s ninth largest independent accounting and consulting association, comprising over 1,900 partners and staff in 37 locations. Our objective is simple: to be viewed by clients as the first point-of-contact for all their financial, advisory and compliance needs.
- Study for the ACA
- Basic technical and analytical skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proven planning and prioritising skills
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Able to demonstrate problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to apply relevant skills to new scenarios
- Competent at relevant computer applications, Excel, Alphatax and PerTax
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Degree educated with a 2:1 minimum (or international equivalent)
- 300 UCAS points, achieved across three A-levels sat within the same academic year (or international equivalent)
Accepted degree subjects
23 days holiday, gym offers, product discounts, dental insurance, pension scheme and more!
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
14/09/2015 · Autumn
How to apply
Number of vacancies: One
Closing date: 11/12/2016
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 11/12/2016