Join as an ACA Associate within our public sector audit team where you will be involved in the audit of statutory accounts, internal audit and advisory assignments, in the central government, local government, health and education sectors within the UK and overseas.
Are you considering a career where you can use your communication, problems solving and numeracy skills?
The role of an ACA trainee will equip successful applicants with the necessary broad experience to start your career on the right track. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible benefits, we offer full study support towards gaining your ACA qualification and internal training to maximise your personal and technical skills. The life of an ACA trainee at Moore Stephens LLP is a busy one, full of client work, study and socialising!
Your role will involve providing a high quality service to clients in respect of the audit of statutory accounts, internal audit and advisory assignments and on occasions, other ad hoc assignments.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the objectives of an audit
- Understand and act on basic instructions
- Prepare to be out of office at client sites conducting assignments
- Ensure office and on-site work is carried out in a professional manner
- Understand and perform basic tests, and complete individual tests from within PROaudit
- Elementary knowledge of double entry
- Perform bank reconciliations and audit bank sections
- Prepare lead schedules and audit transaction balances
- Code a trial balance and post it to the firm’s systems, reconciling the client’s profit figure
- Prepare legible and comprehensive working papers
- Ensure good communication with the Audit Executive and Audit Manager during the assignment
- Demonstrate an awareness of the budget and meet set deadlines
- Demonstrate support for Audit Executives during time pressured assignments
Moore Stephens is the UK’s ninth largest independent accounting and consulting association, comprising over 1,900 partners and staff in 37 locations. Our objective is simple: to be viewed by clients as the first point-of-contact for all their financial, advisory and compliance needs.
- Study for the ACA
- Strong desire to work in the Public Sector arena
- Competent using MS Office
- Team worker
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to develop strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to develop planning and prioritising skill
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Degree educated with a 2:1 minimum (or international equivalent)
- 300 UCAS points, achieved across three A-levels sat within the same academic year (or international equivalent)
Accepted degree subjects
23 days holiday, gym offers, product discounts, dental insurance, pension scheme and more!
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: Three
Closing date: 28/02/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/02/2017