Our Private Client Tax department aim to be viewed as a leading provider of 'one-stop-shop' private client services. As part of the team you'll support both private client services and business tax by dealing with compliance for a variety of clients.
- Prepare and submit tax returns of various types as requested
- Where these are corporation tax returns prepare computations at both provisional and final stages, and deferred tax calculations for inclusion in financial statements, as required
- Obtain necessary information from clients or audit files as required
- Calculate tax liabilities and ensure that they are appropriately communicated to the client and that tax payments are correct and made on time
- Deal with HMRC and client correspondence as requested by senior staff
- Assist with any other aspects of the compliance function including updating software in relation to clients on a regular basis
- Be sure all deadlines are met and ensure any difficulties are brought to the attention of the Compliance Team manager or senior team member as appropriate.
- Assist with the preparation of fee proposals for review as required
- Deal with general administrative duties, as requested
What we are looking for
- Five GCSE's grade 4-9 with a five or above (grade A*-C with a C or above on pre-2017 tariff) in English Language and maths (or international equivalent)
- Minimum of 104 UCAS points (260 UCAS points on pre-2017 tariff) or international equivalent, achieved within the same academic year
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Able to meet deadlines, multi task and work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Competent at using MS Office; Word and Excel
How to apply
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 03/02/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details