Join as an ATT Associate within our private client tax department and support both private client services and business tax by dealing with compliance for a variety of clients. Our PCT department aim to be viewed as a leading provider of 'one-stop-shop' private client services.
Are you considering a career where you can use your communication, problems solving and numeracy skills?
The role of an ATT trainee will equip successful applicants with the necessary broad experience to start your career on the right track. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible benefits, we offer full study support towards gaining your ATT qualification and internal training to maximise your personal and technical skills. The life of an ATT trainee at Moore Stephens LLP is a busy one, full of client work, study and socialising!
Your role will involve assisting in tax compliance work for a variety of personal and business tax clients.
- Prepare and submit tax returns of various types as requested
- Where these are corporation tax returns prepare computations at both provisional and final stages, and deferred tax calculations for inclusion in financial statements, as required
- Obtain necessary information from clients or audit files as required
- Calculate tax liabilities and ensure that they are appropriately communicated to the client and that tax payments are correct and made on time
- Deal with HMRC and client correspondence as requested by senior staff
- Assist with any other aspects of the compliance function including updating software in relation to clients on a regular basis
- Be sure all deadlines are met and ensure any difficulties are brought to the attention of the Compliance Team manager or senior team member as appropriate.
- Assist with the preparation of fee proposals for review as required
- Deal with general administrative duties, as requested
- Study for the ATT
- Five GCSE's grade A*-C with at least a grade C in English language and maths (or international equivalent)
- 260 UCAS points, achieved across three A-levels sat within the same academic year (or international equivalent)
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Able to meet deadlines, multi task and work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Competent at using MS Office; Word and Excel
Moore Stephens is the UK’s ninth largest independent accounting and consulting association, comprising over 1,900 partners and staff in 37 locations. Our objective is simple: to be viewed by clients as the first point-of-contact for all their financial, advisory and compliance needs.
In order that you can be successful at your professional qualification we will cover all the first time costs for your tuition and exams, including time out of the office to attend college. We also provide a bespoke internal trainee development programme (TDP) to maximise your personal and technical skills.
23 days holiday, gym offers, product discounts, dental insurance, pension scheme and more!
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: One
Closing date: 28/02/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/02/2017