Join as a CFAB Associate within our corporate audit team where you will need an analytical mind as you work to provide audit and accounting services to a broad range of clients. Our corporate audit department work with clients in a variety of sectors including financial services, technology companies and sports clubs.
Are you considering a career where you can use your communication, problems solving and numeracy skills?
The role of a CFAB apprentice will equip successful applicants with the necessary broad experience to start your career on the right track. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible benefits, we offer full study support towards gaining your CFAB qualification and internal training to maximise your personal and technical skills. The life of an CFAB apprentice at Moore Stephens LLP is a busy one, full of client work, study and socialising!
Your role will involve providing a high quality service to clients in respect of the preparation and audit of statutory accounts and on occasions, other ad hoc assignments.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the objectives of an audit
- Understand and perform basic tests, and complete individual tests from within PROaudit
- Prepare a simple trial balance and identify errors in basic accounting
- Elementary knowledge of double entry
- Assist in the call and cast of accounts
- Understand and act on basic instructions
- Work solely on all aspects of property audits, which are of limited complexity, providing review points to manager
- Assist in the preparation of lead schedules and audit work which includes, but is not limited to: completing statutory sections; system notes; journal testing; capital and reserves sections; income testing; expenses testing
- Follow any reasonable instruction by the Senior on the job
- Perform bank reconciliations and audit bank sections
- Prepare legible and comprehensive working papers
- Demonstrate an understanding of working to deadlines
- Prepare to be out of office at client sites conducting audits as and when required
- Study for the CFAB
- Five GCSE's grade A*-C with a B or above in English language and maths (or international equivalent)
- 300 UCAS points, achieved across three A-levels sat within the same academic year (or international equivalent)
- Competent using MS Office
- Team worker
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proven planning and prioritising skills
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
Moore Stephens is the UK’s ninth largest independent accounting and consulting association, comprising over 1,900 partners and staff in 37 locations. Our objective is simple: to be viewed by clients as the first point-of-contact for all their financial, advisory and compliance needs.
In order that you can be successful at your professional qualification we will cover all the first time costs for your tuition and exams, including time out of the office to attend college. We also provide a bespoke internal trainee development programme (TDP) to maximise your personal and technical skills.
23 days holiday, gym offers, product discounts, dental insurance, pension scheme and more
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: Seven
Closing date: 28/02/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/02/2017