International Institutions and Donor Assurance (IIDA) is an exciting specialist department carrying out audits of international development aid and other publicly-funded projects all over the world. Our major clients include the United Nations and European Commission, and we work with them to provide assurance that their funds are properly used and soundly managed.
Join as a CFAB Associate within our International Institutions and Donor Assurance (IIDA) team where you will provide project coordination for the full life cycle of the assignment; from the proposal process, contract management with the client, assignment planning, through to assisting with the report writing, and ultimately billing the client. The project coordinator takes responsibility for specific clients and works closely with the respective client manager and partner. The project coordinator is a vital asset to the contract team and should always be able to assist as and when required.
The role of a CFAB Associate will equip successful applicants with the necessary broad experience to start your career on the right track. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible benefits, we offer full study support towards gaining your CFAB qualification and internal training to maximise your personal and technical skills. The life of an CFAB apprentice at Moore Stephens LLP is a busy one, full of client work, study and socialising!
Once you have completed the CFAB apprenticeship you could have the opportunity to move onto to the role of an ACA Audit trainee in the IIDA department, where you will be undertaking audit fieldwork as part of a team reporting to a senior or manager, taking increasing responsibility with experience, which may include assignment planning, leading fieldwork, leading client meetings and drafting the assignment report. You would use all your communication, problem-solving and analytical skills gained from the project coordinator role with a clear career path into audit, offering unparalleled experience in working with major institutions such as the UN and EC all over the world. In 2015, our teams carried out assignments in 159 different countries / territories, working on projects in sectors as diverse as the environment, health, democracy, refugees, and education, to name but a few.
This vacancy represents a unique opportunity for high calibre candidates to achieve an internationally-recognised qualification at the same time as gaining world-class experience in international development funding.
- Coordinate the full lifecycle of the project, including the following key processes: proposals, contracting, planning, reporting and billing
- Assist with proposal and tender writing, including preparing project budgets and schedules, ensuring that all proposals are submitted within the respective deadline and liaising with prospective staff
- Ensure that contracts are as per the issued proposals, that all terms agreed are in Moore Stephens’ best interests and support the managers/partners in any contract administration that may be required
- Plan the fieldwork of the project, including agreeing dates with the beneficiary (the NGO that has received the funds from the donor), liaising with internal and/or external staff to ensure they can perform the required service (financial audit, etc.) on the agreed dates and that all parties have the necessary information to ensure the project fieldwork runs smoothly
- Monitor and track project progress and handle any issues that arise, create a ‘Control Schedule’ to ensure all stakeholders are kept up to date with any project developments
- Act as the point of contact for all stakeholders (including the client, the beneficiary, internal/external teams and management)
- Assist the manager in any report-writing tasks that may be required and deliver final product to client
- Monitor internal staff working hours and expenses incurred, to ensure the budget is adhered to
- Check and process all external suppliers’ invoices, making sure all days worked and expenses incurred are within the agreed budget, liaising with finance as and when issues arise
- Assist in client billing, ensuring that all bills issued are as per the contractual terms between the firm and the client, that all costs incurred by Moore Stephens are accounted for when creating the bill, and that all bills are paid by the client in a timely manner
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation for future use, ensuring that all projects are properly logged and can be used in future proposals/tenders
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade and level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training
- General: translate documents, maintain filing system of documentation by client and by job, assist with training new project coordinators, archive files when necessary
- Study for the CFAB
- Five GCSE's grade A*-C with a B or above in English language and maths (or international equivalent)
- 300 UCAS points, achieved across three A-levels sat within the same academic year (or international equivalent)
- Second language preferable, especially French, Spanish or German
- Basic technical and analytical skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proven planning and prioritising skills
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Able to demonstrate problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to apply relevant skills to new scenarios
Moore Stephens is the UK’s ninth largest independent accounting and consulting association, comprising over 1,900 partners and staff in 37 locations. Our objective is simple: to be viewed by clients as the first point-of-contact for all their financial, advisory and compliance needs.
In order that you can be successful at your professional qualification we will cover all the first time costs for your tuition and exams, including time out of the office to attend college. We also provide a bespoke internal trainee development programme (TDP) to maximise your personal and technical skills.
23 days holiday, gym offers, product discounts, dental insurance, pension scheme and more!
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: One
Closing date: 28/01/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/01/2017