Joining as a graduate you’ll be the future of the firm. To ensure you succeed we’ll provide the training and support you need, coupled with the responsibility and autonomy to allow you to grow. You’ll work with experienced professionals and face the kind of challenges that turn smart graduates into confident accountants. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible benefits, you’ll receive full study support towards gaining the CIA qualification. We provide the opportunities you take them.
Internal audit provides the perfect springboard to kick start your career. It provides the grounding and basis for an introduction to business, trains you to be think critically and be a critical friend to your client by having a birds eye view of the organisation. You will gain exposure to how an organisation works and thinks across all functions of the business and senior stakeholders as well.
As part of our Governance, Risk and Assurance team you will need an analytical mind as you work to provide internal audit services to a broad range of clients including, but not limited to, financial services, insurance, regulatory bodies, charities, government, culture, media and sports. Your role will involve providing a high quality service to clients in respect of evaluating governance, risk and controls processes.
In addition to the CIA qualification would be keen for you to first complete the CFAB qualification to give you a broader understanding of what Moore Stephens do as a business before specialising into internal audit.
Responsible for conducting audit fieldwork which includes:
- Demonstrating a basic understanding of the objectives of an audit
- Understanding and performing basic tests, and complete individual tests from within our audit workflow system, Pentana.
- Understanding and acting on basic instructions
- Documenting system notes, process maps and interview notes
- Writing up results of tests with sufficient evidence to support your conclusions
- Following any reasonable instruction by the lead on the audit
- Ensuring the work undertaken is in accordance with the approved plan, budget and deadlines
- Preparing legible and comprehensive working papers
- Demonstrating an understanding of working to deadlines
- Preparing to be out of office at client sites conducting audits as and when required
- Contributing to draft reports for each audit
- Being commercially aware in managing self within the assignment
- Working collaboratively with the lead on the audit to ensure successful delivery of the audit to the client
- Degree educated with a 2:1 minimum (or international equivalent)
- Minimum of 120 UCAS points (300 UCAS points on pre-2017 tariff) or international equivalent, achieved within the same academic year
- Competent using MS Office
- Team worker
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proven planning and prioritising skills
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Able to demonstrate problem solving skills
- Present professional image to clients at all times
- Demonstrate ability to listen and respond to client needs
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Number of vacancies: Three
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 26/04/2018