Join our governance, risk and assurance team as a IT Assurance Associate. Our GRA group offers a range of services designed to support boards in maintaining robust governance and assurance frameworks and managing risks effectively. You would get involved supporting a variety of businesses assisting to advise on their governance structures, provide comfort on their control environments and help to embed transparency and accountability.
Are you considering a career where you can use your communication, problems solving and numeracy skills?
The CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) is a globally recognised qualification for information systems audit control, assurance and security professionals. Being CISA-certified showcases your audit experience, skills and knowledge, and demonstrates you are capable to audit, control, monitor and assess information technology and business systems, evaluating vulnerabilities and reporting on compliance. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible benefits, we offer full study support towards gaining your CISA qualification and internal training to maximise your personal and technical skills. The life of a CISA trainee at Moore Stephens LLP is a busy one, full of client work, study and socialising!
Your role will include supporting in all day-to-day aspects of the GRA team, combining data skills, client service, project management and, on occasions, other ad hoc assignments.
- Hands on technical capability in managing data (including Master Data) and in undertaking data manipulation, data cleansing, querying and analysis.
- Providing advice across the subject of data management, which includes Data Governance, Data Quality and Data Integration.
- General understanding of financial business processes, the use of information systems and associated data flows.
- Assist in the undertaking of audit work which includes, but is not limited to: system notes; journal testing; income testing; expenses testing
- Assist with the delivery of General IT controls work, including preparing meeting notes and other documentation.
- Support the IT assurance team in research and development of marketing materials and other business development tasks.
- Follow any reasonable instruction by the Senior on the job
- Prepare legible and comprehensive working papers
- Demonstrate an understanding of working to deadlines
- Prepare to be out of office at client sites conducting audits as and when required
Moore Stephens is the UK’s ninth largest independent accounting and consulting association, comprising over 1,900 partners and staff in 37 locations. Our objective is simple: to be viewed by clients as the first point-of-contact for all their financial, advisory and compliance needs.
- Study for the CISA
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify patterns to develop added-value to business understanding
- Understanding statistical techniques and the application of theory
- Advanced MS Excel skills and competent using other MS Office components
- Persistent attitude in solving problems, especially in assisting clients to obtain or extract data
- Team worker
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proven planning and prioritising skills
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Degree educated in a STEM subject, with a 2:1 minimum (or international equivalent)
- 300 UCAS points, achieved across 3 A-levels sat within the same academic year (or international equivalent)
Accepted degree subjects
physics · engineering, electronic and electrical · mathematics · chemical engineering · engineering, transport · chemistry · computer sciences and IT · engineering, aerospace · engineering management · engineering, mechanical
23 days holiday, gym offers, product discounts, dental insurance, pension scheme and more!
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: One
Closing date: 29/01/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 29/01/2017