Want to start your career using one of the most important technologies in big data and finance? Working in kdb+ is the opportunity you’re looking for.
Here at mthree, we pair talented graduates with leading global businesses. We’re always on the lookout for ambitious graduates to join the mthree Alumni Graduate Program, kick-starting your tech career within Big Data as a KDB+ Engineer and working onsite with a leading investment bank.
Our 24-month graduate program begins with 4 weeks of training and career coaching, where you’ll learn everything you need to hit the ground running as a KDB+ Engineer. After you've completed the training, you'll have the opportunity to fast-track your career at a global investment bank.
Haven’t heard of kdb+ before? Most graduates haven’t. Even though it’s in high demand, it’s rarely taught at university. This means people who work in the area are highly sought after, making it a massive area of opportunity for graduates starting careers in tech.
Kdb+ is a programming language and integrated database. Built to handle huge amounts of data, it’s used by the likes of Red Bull Formula 1 Racing Team and the top investment banks to store, analyze, process, and retrieve large data sets at lightning speed.
Banks use kdb+ to manage the terabytes of data that’s created by high-frequency trading. It’s referred to as the ‘hottest coding language in finance’, and offers a great opportunity for graduates who are looking to start a career in technology.
What you’ll do
There’s often a mixture of fixing technical issues and worker on longer term projects. This involves the below:
- Working with various stakeholders across the bank, including traders and the risk team, so they can monitor and view the data they need.
- Responding quickly to incidents and fixing technical issues that are reported by teams.
- Helping the risk teams so they can monitor the trading data and keep it within thresholds.
- Building new features, such as graphical user interfaces (GUIs), that visualize data
- Working on projects – such as new features, monitoring and automation.
What you’ll receive
- Fully paid, in-depth and interactive training with a diverse group of like-minded graduates, delivered by experts with working knowledge of the field
- A competitive graduate salary
- Pay increases every 6 months
- Ongoing training and pastoral care
- Invaluable industry experience and the opportunity to start a career in a desirable and competitive industry
What we are looking for
- An analytical mindset with a thirst to build a career in tech.
- A quick thinker and problem solver that operates well under demanding and high pressurized environments.
- A strong aptitude for technology with the ability to pick up new skills in a speedy fashion.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- The permanent right to work in the UK - locations include London, Bournemouth, Glasgow you determine which location you are open to.
- A degree within a STEM field.
- 2.1 degree or higher. – Must have already graduated or have completed all exams and hand-ins available to start training late May
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Important information on diversity
We take great pride in celebrating the diversity of every individual who contributes to making mthree the company it is today and will be in the future.
We value diversity both within mthree and with our partner companies, and we’re proud to provide an environment where all our colleagues can flourish by promoting a strong culture of equality and inclusion. We never want people to change - only add to the amazing mix of people that work for mthree.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process and beyond, then please email email@example.com to discuss the options available to you. All conversations will be confidential and will never directly impact your application with us. Please note that by emailing this address, it will not count as an application and only emails regarding reasonable adjustments will be responded to.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 June 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 June 2021