You will be site based reporting to either a site manager or the Construction Manager. You will assist in managing and supervising an area of the site. Co-ordinating subcontractor activities in this area and interfaces between them.
- Fulfil the role of a graduate team member within your assigned discipline to the best of your ability
- Support the project or team that you are working within
- Assist in the delivery to completion of an area/section of the construction site
- Assist in co-ordinating subcontractor works and interfaces in this area ensuring safe construction practices at all times
- Attend prestart meetings
- Assist in ensuring that subcontractors work to their method statements, good practices and that operatives on site abide by the site rules.
- Create a safe working environment, controlling storage of materials, removal of waste and good housekeeping
- Assist in ensuring works are to specified quality with both materials and workmanship.
- Attend weekly/fortnightly subcontractor meetings to discuss programme, safety, quality and information
- Help to issue instruction to subcontractors via the commercial department where required, controlling costs of non-recoverable items.
- Assist subcontractors with information requirements liaising with design and commercial departments, completing RFI’s where necessary.
- Take direction to record any items that may result in delay or additional non recoverable costs.
- Report problems to line manager should you not be able to resolve yourself.
- Ensure completed works are protected and/or secured
- At all times comply with Brookfield Multiplex SHEQ policies and guidelines
- Undertake any additional activities required by the site team
You will receive on-the-job mentoring throughout the programme from specialists within our business who are some of the best in the industry, ensuring that your career gets off to the best possible start.
A world of opportunities will open up for you as a Multiplex graduate. We're a global contractor seeking exceptional individuals to deliver some of the most exciting build projects within London and Scotland.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Be a student expecting to complete a relevant university degree before September 2018 - or a graduate who has successfully completed a degree no earlier than September 2016
- Are working towards or have obtained a 2:1 or above in a construction related degree
- Have the right to work in the UK at the time of employment
- A-levels or equivalent
- 'C' or above in maths and English GCSE or equivalent
- Relevant work experience within construction over summer/year during studies
- Good graduate level knowledge of construction management
- Experience of working within a team environment
- Experience of delivering excellent results and high personal performance within a role
Accepted degree subjects
architecture · engineering management · civil engineering and construction
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: 25
Closing date: 31/12/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/12/2017